Hilton Garden Inn extends guest check-out in honor of daylight-saving
November 17, 2007 (PRLEAP.COM) Travel NewsIn recognition of daylight-saving time ending on Nov. 4, Hilton Garden Inn announced its annual “Take Back the Hour” promotion that offers guests a late check-out. Guests staying at participating Hilton Garden Inn locations will be treated to an extended check-out time of 2 p.m. (instead of the standard 12 noon check-out) at no additional cost.
Upon check-in, guests will be notified of the extended hours and encouraged to take their time and enjoy any number of Hilton Garden Inn amenities including a freshly prepared “Lazy Breakfast” which is served until 11am in the hotel’s full service restaurant; a cup of coffee in the comfortable lounge area that features a fireplace and television; surf the net in the privacy and comfort of a Garden Sleep System bed with complimentary Wi-Fi; exercise in the hotel’s workout facility or take a dip in the swimming pool and whirlpool.*
“Hilton Garden Inn continually strives to enhance our guests’ stay – whether they are traveling for business or leisure. We simply want to make sure their stay at any of our locations is as restful and relaxing as possible,” said Jim Cone, vice president – marketing for Hilton Garden Inn. “With our ‘Take Back the Hour’ promotion, guests can enjoy an extra two hours to sleep deep, eat well, work smart, stay fit or simply treat themselves.”
Should hotel guests decide to make the most of their two extra hours, Hilton Garden Inn offers a few other suggestions:
- Print their boarding pass – Use the time to print out a boarding pass in the 24-hour complimentary business center and bypass any unnecessary airport lines.
- Work up a sweat – What better time to burn a few calories in the hotel’s complimentary workout facility before returning home.
- Explore the town – Head out for a quick trip around town.
- Do some laundry – Use the extra time to wash dirty clothes in the guest laundry facility and return home with clean clothes.
- Watch a movie – Enjoy the best of a box office comedy or drama on the Hilton Garden Inn HDTV’s ** while lounging on the Garden Sleep System bed.
- Enjoy a lazy breakfast – Why race to check-out when breakfast is served until 11am? Customers are encouraged to take the time to enjoy a leisurely, made-to-order breakfast in the hotel restaurant.
- Grab a snack for the road – Travelers can pick up some healthy on-the-go snacks for the trip home from the hotel’s Pavilion Pantry.
This year marked the beginning of the Energy Policy Act of 2005, which extended the period of daylight-saving time by four weeks in an effort to conserve energy.
History of Daylight-Saving Time
Daylight-saving time was instituted in the U.S. during World War I in order to save energy for war production by taking advantage of the later hours of daylight between April and October. During World War II, the federal government again required the states to observe the time change. In 1966, Congress passed the Uniform Time Act, which standardized the length of daylight-saving time.
Energy savings continues to be the driving force behind the time change. Daylight-saving time works by “making” the sun “set” one hour later, thus reducing the period between sunset and sun down by one hour. As such, from mid-March through October, less electricity is used for lighting. (Source: About.com)
About Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden Inn is the award-winning, mid-priced hotel brand that continually strives to ensure today’s busy travelers have everything they need to be most productive on the road — from complimentary wired and Wi-Fi Internet access in all guestrooms and remote printing to the hotel’s complimentary 24-hour business center to one of the most comfortable beds you will ever experience with the Garden Sleep System. So whether on the road for personal or business reasons, Hilton Garden Inn offers the amenities and services for travelers to sleep deep, stay fit, eat well and work smart while away from home.
*Not available at all locations.
**High definition televisions/programming is available at select locations.
Hilton Garden Inn PR contact:
Hilton Hotels Corporation World Headquarters
9336 Civic Center Drive