HotelClub Releases Findings on Worldwide Travel Packing Habits Survey
March 03, 2008 (PRLEAP.COM) Travel NewsBefore travelling, one has an itinerary, passport and an empty suitcase which one will live out of in a budget or luxury hotel for the next couple of weeks. HotelClub.com asked its customers what their habits are when they are packing for their travels!
HotelClub.com found that no matter what method a person tries — there is no universal answer to the best method for packing…roiling, scrunching, folding or 'throw it in and hope for the best' were just some of the methods uncovered. It comes down to personal preference (and how big one's suitcase is — within airline weight range). HotelClub.com's Concierge did find on his investigations that people try to pack too much into their suitcases. (People like to be prepared in case of emergencies).
HotelClub.com's Concierge offers some handy tips for those who cannot face the chore of packing:
1. Compare one's itinerary to the items in one's wardrobe to avoid bringing any unnecessary items. Keep it to a minimum. Make packing hassle-free by mixing and matching tops and bottoms.
2. Accessorize - a scarf or jewellery can dress up an outfit or change its look entirely.
3. Footwear - try to opt for a few pairs of comfortable shoes (in neutral colours) that can be used with interchangeable with different outfits.
4. Check the weather. There are ten-day forecasts from weather bureaus so that one can pack accordingly for summer, winter, autumn or spring!
5. Sassy travellers have discovered that rolling clothes can often be the best way to maximise space in your suitcase. Don't fret over the wrinkles and creases, as there will most probably be an iron in the hotel room or an ironing service to make use of.
6. Toiletries - try to take sample or small sized bottles of items where possible
These tips are just a small selection of inside tips that HotelClub.com has provided to make packing for the next dream holiday less stressful than previous journeys.
HotelClub, a wholly owned subsidiary of Orbitz Worldwide Inc, is a world leading global accommodation e-wholesaler and specialist distributor of hotel room inventory over the Internet. HotelClub was established in 1996 and has since held the position of Asia Pacific's leading online accommodation provider. The company operates three websites - HotelClub.com (www.hotelclub.com), RatesToGo.com (www.ratestogo.com) and asia-hotels.com (www.asiahotels.com). HotelClub is recognised as one of the few highly successful and profitable e-commerce businesses with a worldwide network of offices. Orbitz Worldwide (NYSE: OWW) is a leading global online travel company that uses innovative technology to enable leisure and business travellers to research, plan and book a broad range of travel products.
HotelClub.com is a global accommodation specialist website offering discount hotel bookings for up to 12 months in advance. It offers users the choice of over 35,000 hotels - at savings of up to 60% - in 120 countries. HotelClub is available in twelve languages - Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish and Thai. HotelClub is a truly global website offering its customers access through country specific sites in 10 countries including HotelClub.com, HotelClub.com.au, HotelClub.de, HotelClub.fr, HotelClub.it, HotelClub.es and HotelClub.co.uk. HotelClub.com is operated by HotelClub and is part of Orbitz Worldwide.