South America Vacations & Special Offers by the Globus family of brands
August 22, 2008 (PRLEAP.COM) Travel NewsLITTLETON, Colorado – August 22, 2008 – South America may take up 3.5 percent of the world's surface but it's responsible for much more of the planet's excitement. Listed as a "hot destination" by the USTOA earlier this year, that's why more Americans than ever are discovering everything Latin America has to offer from the parties at Carnival and the Incan ruins to the natural beauty of the Galapagos Islands. Now, the Globus family of brands has unveiled 17 vacations to emerging destinations in Mexico, Central America & South America.
Ranging from eight to 23 days, Globus' 2009 Latin American escorted vacations are as robust as the countries and regions featured. Two NEW travel itineraries for 2009 are:
• Amazonia Voyage with Rio & Iguassu (10 days) – After arriving in Rio de Janeiro, travelers will enjoy a drive along the famous Ipanema and Copacabana Beaches to the Sugar Loaf Mountains where they'll ascend by cable car and take in the glory of the spectacular city. They'll also visit the statute of Christ the Redeemer crowning Corcovao Mountain and experience a Samba show. In Iguassu Falls, travelers will experience the magnificent panorama of waterfalls and will take an ecological jungle train before boarding a flight to Brazil's Amazon. After exploring the many sites of Manaus, travelers will take a three-night, all-inclusive Amazon Cruise with excursions into the Amazon jungle, tributaries and local communities. Those wanting more time in the Amazon can extend their vacation four nights. Priced from $4,056 (includes air from Miami and intra-tour flights).
• Mexico's Colonial Cities (8 days) – This journey through Mexico gives travelers insight into the country's history and culture. The vacation begins in Mexico City, exploring the colorful and cultured highlights of the former Aztec capital, including visits to the Cathedral, National Palace, Frida Kahlo Museum and Casa Azul ("the Blue House"). Then, it's off to Teotihuacán – "the place where men became gods" and one of the best-preserved archeological center's in the world – to explore ancient pyramids. From Teotihuacán, travelers will journey through San Miguel de Allende, a charming town populated by American and Mexican artists. After enjoying colorful winding streets, galleries and shops in this village, travelers will enjoy a visit tour of a local studio to learn more about the local art scene. Guanajuato – a UNESCO World Heritage Site – is the next stop on this Mexican vacation and includes visits to Union Plaza and Juarez Theater, among other highlights. Pátzcuaro and Morelia are next, before travelers return to Mexico City. Priced from $1,359 (land-only).
"Not only are Americans discovering all the beauty, color and vigor Latin America offers, the dollar goes further in Mexico, Central and South America than in many other destinations," said Scott Nisbet, chief operating officer for the Globus family of brands. And, to whet South America travel appetites even more, the Globus family of brands is offering travelers an EARLY BOOKING INCENTIVE: Receive $200 off per person on the air-inclusive price of any 2009 Globus, Monograms or Avalon South American vacation between now and October 31, 2008.*
Globus' 2009 Latin American Vacations
"We're dedicated to providing our travelers great value on their vacation. We enrich lives by providing travelers in-depth storytelling at each destination and ensuring them access to the heart of each location, encouraging them to explore their interests and passions along the way," said Nisbet.
Additional 2009 Tour, Cruise & Tour and Independent Vacation Offerings Include:
• Natural Wonders of Costa Rica (9 Days) – This vacation invites travelers to sample the scenic beauty of Costa Rica. They'll begin their journey in San José where they'll visit the National Theater and National Museum. They'll also tour a banana plantation before reaching Tortuguero National Park. During their stay, travelers will cruise through the canals, view amazing flora and fauna and enjoy a guided walk through the rainforest. Next, they'll transfer by boat to Sarapiqui and tour the Corsicana Pineapple Farm and will travel through Tilajari Rainforest Reserve en route to Tilajari Resort, where they'll experience Butterfly Garden, relax in the pools of Ecotermales Hot Springs and view Arenal Volcano. Then, on to Poas Volcano National Park to see the magnificent La Paz Waterfall and Poas Volcano. Priced from $1,669 (land-only).
• Ecuador & The Galápagos (11 days) – This exciting vacation lets travelers sample the natural wonders of Ecuador and the Galápagos Islands. They'll enjoy guided sightseeing in Quito, have their photo taken at the "center of the world" and spend leisure time in Guayaquil. After flying over the Pacific to Baltra Island, travelers will embark on an exciting eight-day cruise among the Galápagos Islands. Priced from $5,719 (land and intra-tour flights).
• Monograms' From the Amazon to the Inca Empire (19 Days) – Travelers will begin their 19-day exploration in Manaus with guided city sightseeing and a "Meeting of the Waters" cruise that takes them along the Rio Negro to its confluence with the yellow-gray Rio Solimões. Then, they'll stay at the Ecopark Jungle Lodge inside the Amazonian Rainforest, with jungle walks, canoe explorations and visits to the Monkey Reserve and a Coboclo's Native Amazon village to learn about traditions, customs and culture. Three nights in Rio allow for a great deal of free time and guided sightseeing. Next, travelers will fly to Iguassu Falls to explore both sides before heading to Buenos Aires – the "Paris of South America." Next stop is Lima and Cuzco to explore the ancient sites before visiting the Incan fortress of Ollantaytambo. The next day includes a train ride through the Sacred Valley and ends in Machu Picchu. After thoroughly exploring Machu Picchu, travelers can enjoy more time in Cuzco and Lima before returning home. Priced from $6,129 (land-only and intra-tour flights).
For more information, visit globusjourneys.com or ColorfulSouthAmerica.com.
* Book a 2009 Globus, Monograms or Avalon South America air-inclusive vacation to receive the $200 per person discount. Booking must be made, under deposit and discount applied between August 13 and October 31, 2008 for travel commencing through December 31, 2009. Offers not valid with any other offer and applies to new 2009 South America bookings only. Offer reliant on space availability. Full cancellation penalties will apply. Additional restrictions may apply.
ABOUT THE GLOBUS FAMILY OF BRANDS
Littleton, Colorado-based Group Voyagers, Inc. is the privately held company that markets and sells the Globus family of brands within the United States. Globus, Cosmos, Monograms and Avalon Waterways offer travelers unparalleled tour, independent travel package, river and small ship cruise options. Considered the world's largest tour operator, with 80 years of international travel experience, the Globus family of brands is dedicated to enriching the lives of travelers by turning foreign destinations into familiar harbors, where the expense of travel is forgotten and replaced by personal value.
Consumers can book a Globus family of brands vacation or request 2009 brochures by visiting a preferred travel agent or by calling the following toll free number: 1.866.313.2855.