Italy Tours | Italy Vacations - Globus® Escorted Tours
September 19, 2008 (PRLEAP.COM) Travel NewsLITTLETON, Colorado – September 19, 2008 – Today, the Globus family of brands unveiled its 2009 Italy vacations including three new Italy tours to diverse sites, villages and cities, providing travelers even more opportunities to experience the company's top-selling destination. And, two of the company's new Italy tours are meant for repeat travelers to Italy. With independent vacations ranging from four to 14 days, and tour getaways varying from seven to 15 days, Globus is promising dream Italy journeys abroad that cater to traveler interests, schedules and budgets.
Globus' new 2009 Italy tours are Northern Italy's Highlights & Cinque Terre (9 Days), Umbria's Treasures (8 Days) and Italian Splendor (7 Days). These Italy tours offer travelers sundry experiences such as visiting the Ferrari Gallery in Maranello and Barbera wine tasting in Asti, to a cable car ride to the San Ubaldo Basilica in Gubbio and a private boat outing in Venice. Prices of these new Italian vacations range from $1,559 to $1,979 (land-only).
"We take travelers into the heart of the world's most awe-inspiring places and destinations, offering them access inside key landmarks, with no waiting in lines, to help them relive history and experience cultures through great storytelling," said Steve Born, vice president of marketing and customer care for the Globus family of brands. "Our new Italy vacations – specifically, Northern Italy's Highlights & Cinque Terre and Umbria's Treasures – were created with the seasoned Italy traveler in mind. These shorter journeys are focused on providing a plethora of personal enrichment opportunities, including free time to explore their passions and interests on their own."
Early Booking Incentive: Travelers who book a 2009 Globus or Monograms Italy vacation between now and October 7, 2008, will receive $100 off/person the air-inclusive price.*
Globus' 2009 Italy Vacation highlights include:
• NEW: Northern Italy's Highlights & Cinque Terre (9 Days) – This Italy vacation begins in Milan with a walking tour to the vibrant hub's famous sites. From there, travelers will travel to Parma, world famous for its ham and Parmesan cheese. In Parma, some "foodies" may choose to venture to an original ham factory. Then it's on to Modena where travelers will visit Ghirlandina Cathedral – site of Pavarotti's funeral – before enjoying a balsamic vinegar tasting. Maranello's Ferrari Gallery is the next stop before arriving in Lucca. Then, travelers will continue to the Mediterranean coast where they can take a boat ride to Cinque Terre. After enjoying a stay at a seaside resort, travelers will go to Genoa, where Christopher Columbus was born. Then, they will venture to Asti, known for its spumante and Barbera wine for a wine tasting and tour of a local nougat confectioner to savor a piece of handmade torrone Turin is the next stop for some leisure time and walking tours before ending in Vercelli. Priced from $1,979 (land-only).
• NEW: Umbria's Treasures (8 Days) – Beginning and ending in Rome, this Italy vacation offers travelers opportunities to explore and experience Italy's treasures. They'll start their vacation with a tour of Rome, including visits to St. Peter's Square and Basilica, before entering Umbria, the "green heart of Italy." They'll stop in Orvieto and ride a funicular through the ramparts to the Piazza del Duomo before traveling to Assisi where they'll spend the next five nights. Time in Assisi includes a walking tour, visits to St. Clare's Church and St. Francis' Basilica, the Carceri Hermitage, the Monastery of St. Damian and St. Mary of the Angels Basilica. During their stay in Assisi, travelers will also venture to Gubbio, Perugia and Todi. In Gubbio, they'll admire the impressive Palazzo dei Consoli and ride a cable car to the San Ubaldo Basilica. Priced from $1,559 (land-only).
• NEW: Italian Splendor (7 Days) – Travelers are welcomed to Rome, the "Eternal City," with tours of all the major sites including the Vatican Museums, Colosseum and St. Peter's Square. Then, they'll enter Tuscany and drive through the lush Apennine Mountains to Venice where they'll embark on a private boat outing and walk to St. Mark's Square. From Venice, it's west to Verona, the setting of Romeo & Juliet, and a scenic drive to the Valpolicella wine area and Lake Garda before reaching Florence for a walking tour and the chance to see Michelangelo's David, among other grand sites. In Orvieto, travelers will ride a funicular through the ramparts to the Piazza del Duomo. Priced from $1,879 (land-only).
• PLATINUM COLLECTION: Leisurely Italy (10 Days) – This Italy vacation includes three nights in Rome, Tuscany and Venice. In Rome, travelers will visit all of the major sites. Then, they'll indulge in wines and a special lunch in Verrazzano Castle in Chianti before arriving in Tuscany where they'll stay in the famous spa Montecatini. In Florence, they'll visit the Academy of Fine Arts to admire Michelangelo's David, the cathedral and Signoria Square. They'll also visit the Leaning Tower in Pisa and can travel to Lucca for a walking tour and olive oil tasting. On their way to Venice, they'll stop in St. Anthony's Padua and in Venice, travelers will visit St. Mark's Square and Basilica, Doges' Palace and the Bridge of Sighs as well as partake in a private boat ride and glassblowers' demonstration. They can also choose to experience a Venetian gondola ride or have a drink at the world-famous Café Florian on St. Mark's Square. Priced from $3,089 (land-only).
• MONOGRAMS: Venice Getaway (5 Days) – Travelers who want a romantic getaway to Venice are in luck. After seeing the main sights with a guided half-day tour, travelers will have plenty of time to lose themselves in the narrow streets, go to Burano, join the locals on the vaporetto boats – the city's local transportation – or listen to music in St. Mark's Square. They may also wish to take a gondola ride to see Venice's many canals while being serenaded sailing beneath the bridges. Priced from $869 (land-only).
Other Globus Italy vacations that continue to be travelers' favorites (based on sales, year after year) include: The Best of Italy, Italy's Great Cities, Italian Mosaic and A Taste of Italy.
Monograms' Italy Vacation Packages allow you the chance to discover Italy independently, at your own pace and in your own style. You'll stay in major cities like Rome, Venice, Florence and Sorrento, enjoying more opportunities to relax, explore and enjoy free time. Monograms vacation packages also offer the assistance of a Local Host who provides authentic service and support, helping travelers feel more at ease while in Italy.
*Book a 2009 Globus or Monograms Italy air-inclusive vacation to receive the $100 per person discount. Booking must be made, under deposit and discount applied between September 10 and October 7, 2008 for travel commencing between January 1 and October 31, 2009. Offers not valid with any other offer and applies to new 2009 Italy bookings only. Offer reliant on space availability. Full cancellation penalties will apply. Additional restrictions may apply.
ABOUT THE GLOBUS FAMILY OF BRANDS
Littleton, Colorado-based Group Voyagers, Inc. is the privately held company that markets and sells the Globus family of brands within the United States. Globus, Cosmos, Monograms and Avalon Waterways offer travelers unparalleled tour, independent travel package, river and small ship cruise options. Considered the world's largest tour operator, with 80 years of international travel experience, the Globus family of brands is dedicated to enriching the lives of travelers by turning foreign destinations into familiar harbors, where the expense of travel is forgotten and replaced by personal value.
Consumers can book a Globus family of brands vacation or request 2009 brochures by visiting a preferred travel agent or by calling the following toll free number: 1.866.313.2855.