European Guided Tours by Globus
October 16, 2008 (PRLEAP.COM) Travel NewsGlobus unveils 21 new European vacations and its widest variety of travel styles ever, to meet increased demand. Interest in European travel has continued to increase, despite the decrease in the value of the dollar. Now, both cost-conscious and seasoned travelers alike are turning to packaged and all-inclusive vacations to fulfill their European travel wishes.
"There are many cost-and experiential-benefits associated with taking European tours, river cruises and packaged vacations," said Steve Born, vice president of marketing for the Globus family of brands. "We provide Americans an inclusive-style of European travel where most costs are paid upfront in U.S. dollars."
Today, the Globus family of brands unveiled its most diverse European vacation offerings in 80 years, featuring a plethora of travel styles including European Panorama and Regional Discovery tours ranging from seven to 27 days, river cruises, independent travel packages through Monograms, family-focused vacations and a Platinum Collection of vacations. In addition, Globus is offering travelers more European vacation destinations than ever before, allowing Americans to stretch their travel dollars while enhancing exploration and enrichment opportunities abroad.
"With our wide range of destinations, length of stay options and price points, coupled with unparalleled service and storytelling while on a Globus, Cosmos, Monograms or Avalon Waterways vacation, we make experiences possible for travelers they couldn't create on their own," said Born.
To celebrate these 2009 European vacations, the Globus family of brands is offering travelers an early booking incentive: $250 off the air-inclusive price of any Globus, Cosmos, Monograms or Avalon Waterways 2009 Europe vacation when booked between now and November 30, 2008.
Globus family of brands' 2009 European Vacations Unveiled 2009 Europe Vacation Highlights:
- Vignette Getaway (First-Timer Friendly Vacation): NEW The Best of Italy & France – This modern tour includes overnight stays in Rome, Venice, Florence, Nice, Paris and London. Travelers are welcomed to Rome with a dinner and guided sightseeing. In Venice, they'll enjoy a private boat ride and a walking tour of major sights as well as partaking in a glassblower's presentation. They'll walk along the Este Castel in Ferrara and Signoria Square in Florence. In Pisa, they'll take pictures of the Leaning Tower before venturing to Nice for a perfume factory tour a high-speed train ride (first-class) to Paris. Time in the world capital of chic and style includes outstanding sightseeing, as well as a visit to the Eiffel Tower Priced from $2,879 (land-only).
- Europe Family Vacation: NEW Viva España – Families can tour Spain together by starting in Madrid where they'll discover this fascinating city with a Local Guide. They'll tour the Prado Museum and sample traditional tapas at a local restaurant before traveling to Toledo, where a walking tour will reveal an early Synagogue, the cathedral and Church of Santo Tomé featuring El Greco's most famous paintings. In Granada, families will enjoy visits to the Alhambra complex and the Water Gardens of Generalife. Then, they'll arrive in Torremolinos at the Costa del Sol and enjoy a full day of leisure to spend at the beach, if interested. In Ronda, they'll enjoy a walking tour before venturing to Jerez to visit an Andalusian horse farm and then it's off to Seville where visits include the Maria Luisa Park and the cathedral with Columbus' tomb, followed by a walk through the lively Santa Cruz quarter. On the way back to Madrid, they'll stop in Córdoba. Priced from $1,879 (land-only).
- Europe Regional Discovery: NEW A Taste of Greece – This seven-day vacation begins in Athens with guided sightseeing, including a visit to the Acropolis before venturing to Delphi. There, travelers will take a trip to the past while visiting the excavations and the Archeological Museum. Then, they'll travel through the picturesque fishing villages on their way to Olympia. There, travelers will learn about the history of the original Olympic Games and walk among the impressive remains of the Gymnasium and Temples of Hera and Zeus. From Olympia, travelers will enjoy Mycenae for more excavation visits and Epidarius where their guided tour will take them through a 2,300-year-old open-air theater. Priced from $1,299 (land-only).
- Europe Regional Discovery: NEW Northern Italy's Highlights of Cinque Terre – Designed for the repeat traveler to Italy, this Italy vacation begins in Milan with a walking tour to the vibrant hub's famous sites. From there, travelers will venture to Parma, world famous for its ham and Parmesan cheese. In Parma, some "foodies" may choose to venture to an original ham factory. Then it's on to Modena where travelers will tour Ghirlandina Cathedral – site of Pavarotti's funeral – before enjoying a balsamic vinegar tasting. Maranello's Ferrari Gallery is the next stop before arriving in Lucca. Then, travelers will continue to the Mediterranean coast where they can take a boat ride to Cinque Terre. After enjoying a stay at a seaside resort, travelers will go to Genoa, where Christopher Columbus was born. Then, they will venture to Asti, known for its spumante and Barbera wine for a wine tasting and tour of a local nougat confectioner to savor a piece of handmade torrone Turin is the next stop for some leisure time and walking tours before ending in Vercelli. Priced from $1,979 (land-only).
- Europe Regional Discovery: NEW Essential Britain – After arriving in London, travelers can take part in a Taste of London excursion with dinner followed by an escorted illumination cruise. From London, it's off to prehistoric Stonehenge before taking a stroll in Salisbury. The next two nights are spent in Plymouth with days spent seeing sights along the Atlantic coast. In Glastonbury, travelers will hear stories about King Arthur and head through Cheddar Gorge with its caves and limestone cliffs before venturing into Bath to see Roman Baths. After a night in Bristol, they'll cross the Severn Bridge into Wales and head north before continuing to Chester, the historic country town on the River Dee. Then, it's off to Gretna Green and an overnight stay in Glasgow before boarding a ferry for the crossing to the Isle of Skye. Braemar and St. Andrews are next before taking in guided sightseeing in Edinburgh and Alnwick and a walking tour in York. Travelers will end their journey learning about Shakespeare's birthplace and taking pictures of Anne Hathaway's cottage. Priced from $2,349 (land-only).
- Europe River Cruise: NEW Windmills, Vineyards & Paris – Cruisers will experience France, Luxembourg, Germany, Belgium and Holland on this vacation. They'll see the city's major highlights on a guided tour of Paris and travel between Paris and Metz via TGV high-speed train, as well as enjoy guided sightseeing in Trier and Cologne, a canal cruise in Amsterdam, taking pictures of the windmills at famous Kinderdijk, a tour of Reichsburg Castle and a wine cellar visit in Bernkastel. Priced from $3,529 (cruise/land-only).
*Booking must be made, under deposit and discount applied between October 8, 2008 and November 30, 2008 for travel commencing between January 1, 2009 and October 31, 2009. Offers not valid with any other offer and applies to new 2009 European bookings only. Offer reliant on space availability. Full cancellation penalties will apply. Additional restrictions may apply.
ABOUT THE GLOBUS FAMILY OF BRANDS
Littleton, Colorado-based Group Voyagers, Inc. is the privately held company that markets and sells the Globus family of brands within the United States. Globus, Cosmos, Monograms and Avalon Waterways offer travelers unparalleled tour, independent travel package, river and small ship cruise options. Considered the world's largest tour operator, with 80 years of international travel experience, the Globus family of brands is dedicated to enriching the lives of travelers by turning foreign destinations into familiar harbors, where the expense of travel is forgotten and replaced by personal value.
Consumers can book a Globus family of brands vacation or request 2009 brochures by visiting a preferred travel agent or by calling the following toll free number: 1.866.313.2855. For more information, please visit www.globusfamily.com.