FIRST ON MARS RELEASES VERSION 1.5 WITH NEW PROPRIETARY NETWORK TV SEARCH
San Francisco, California January 27, 2009 Entertainment News(PRLEAP.COM) First on Mars announced today that it has released version 1.5 of its personalized guide to network TV on the web.
New features in First on Mars version 1.5 include:
- A proprietary search function that enables users to quickly find and navigate to free online episodes of network TV shows;
- The addition of links to dozens of new shows including Damages (FX), the Bachelor (ABC), Paris Hilton's My New BFF (MTV), Flight of the Conchords (HBO) and ABC News Specials.
- The addition of music videos from VH1 and other networks including videos from Beyonce, the Killers, Coldplay and Kanye West;
- The expansion of the "sexy" mood with links to videos from Sports Illustrated Swimsuit, Maxim and Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008;
- The launch of the First on Mars blog with original commentary and tips on viewing network TV online.
First on Mars now links to over 13,000 episodes from 600 popular shows on 63 major network sites.
"The release of version 1.5 so quickly following our December launch is part of our strategy to rapidly analyze user behavior, innovate and roll-out new functionality that makes First on Mars a more powerful experience," said First on Mars founder and CEO Tuhin Roy. "We are particularly excited about our new search feature which enables our users to more rapidly find their favorite shows and personalize their First on Mars guide."
First on Mars is free to consumers. The company filed a patent application covering its proprietary guide technology in September 2008.
For more information, please visit: www.FirstonMars.com
About First on Mars
First on Mars' mission is to help Internet surfers find, organize and share links to free on demand network TV shows across the web. Via a cutting-edge web interface, FOM users discover new TV shows with a personalized guide that adapts to their viewing habits and preferences regarding shows, networks and TV moods. For example, First on Mars enables users to easily find and watch South Park and Family Guy episodes online as well as more than 13,000 episodes from 600 of America's favorite cable and network TV shows. FOM users can also share links to network TV shows with friends using social web applications such as Facebook, Twitter and StumbleUpon. First on Mars was founded in early 2008 and is based in San Francisco.
First on Mars is the trademark of First on Mars, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.