DiscoverAmerica.com Features the Best Online Travel Deals and Vacation Packages for Summer 2009
June 25, 2009 (PRLEAP.COM) Travel NewsWASHINGTON, DC – June 25, 2009 - With more savvy Americans on the hunt for good values and summer travel deals, DiscoverAmerica.com – the Official Travel and Tourism Website of the United States – is now loaded with more than 300 money-saving offers from leading brands such as Best Western, Crowne Plaza, Marriott, Radisson, Gray Line, Hertz and Macy's through its "Get a Deal" tool featured on every page.
Frugality is the trend in travel. Recent travelhorizons™ research revealed that almost two-thirds (62 percent) of U.S. adults intending to travel for leisure purposes between now and October are more likely than last year to comparison shop for deals and travel bargains – especially online.
"DiscoverAmerica.com's abundant content helps travelers plan quick, affordable trips," said Adam Vance, U.S. Travel Association's senior vice president, marketing and product development. "Planning and booking horizons have narrowed and consumers are employing tactics to keep costs down, so the deals and offers available on DiscoverAmerica.com will help stretch vacation budgets for summer getaways."
Get a Deal – Hundreds of Deals on DiscoverAmerica.com
DiscoverAmerica.com is the recently launched one-stop, online source for travel information on all 50 states, the five U.S. territories and more than 100 popular destinations. With the "Get a Deal" tool, users of this Website may view a complete listing of all specials and travel bargains, and refine their search by U.S. destinations, activities and dates.
Find these and other summer travel packages on DiscoverAmerica.com:
• Free room nights and new premium Callaway Golf equipment from Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts.
• Marriott's "In Love in New Orleans" package, starting at $139 per night.
• 20 percent off admission to Rockefeller Center's Top of the Rock in New York from Trusted Tours & Attractions.
• "Friday is Freeday" when you stay Thursday or Saturday night at participating Radisson Hotels & Resorts.
• Savings on performances by Blue Man Group in Boston.
• Weekly and weekend car rental specials from Hertz.
• Savings on Golden Gate Bay Cruises, California Sunset Cruises and SF Explorer Cruises from Red and White Fleet.
• VIP access to Galileo at The Franklin with Marriott Hotels of Philadelphia.
• Savings for On Location Tours' TV and movie site tours in New York and Washington, DC.
One in 5 U.S. adults intending to travel for leisure this summer expect to conduct more research compared to a year ago before planning and booking summer leisure trips, and 1 in 10 report they are planning summer travel much later compared to last year, most likely watching for last-minute summer vacation deals and travel bargains, according to an April travelhorizons™ survey conducted by the U.S. Travel Association and Ypartnership.
Discover America, LLC is a wholly owned entity of the U.S. Travel Association and operates DiscoverAmerica.com, the Official Travel and Tourism Website of the United States, for U.S. resident travelers and for international travelers under a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Department of Commerce in the five leading inbound markets to the United States. The website's content is presently available in five languages: English, French, Spanish, German and Japanese. For more information, visit www.DiscoverAmerica.com.
About U.S. Travel Association
The U.S. Travel Association is the national, non-profit organization representing all components of the $770 billion travel industry. U.S. Travel's mission is to promote and facilitate increased travel to and within the United States. For more information, visit www.ustravel.org.