Recover from Summer with Dr. Corbett's Top Five Tips for Combating Sun Damage
October 09, 2010 (PRLEAP.COM) Health NewsLouisville, KY – Now that summer is over and cooler weather is on the way, fall is the perfect time to take steps to rejuvenate the face and treat any sun damage that occurred over the summer. The sun is perhaps the worst culprit in causing premature aging of the skin, which can lead to wrinkles, sunspots and other signs of premature aging. Dr. Lee Corbett, a highly credentialed, board-certified Louisville cosmetic surgeon, offers his top five procedures for both men and women to reverse sun damage and look 10 years younger, ranging from minimally invasive injections to surgical procedures.
1. Nothing ages the skin like hyperpigmentation, those dark spots also known as age spots, sun spots, or sometimes liver spots. Cosmetic surgeons can eliminate these troublesome spots, as well as facial spider veins and even tattoos, with the VersaPulse Laser, which targets the unwanted pigmentation. Treatments are done in the doctor's office and take 15-30 minutes.
2. The sun and age can join forces to create a dull, wrinkled overall appearance, which can be reversed by a skin resurfacing treatment. There are several different lasers of varying degrees of strength that cosmetic surgeons use to remove dead skin cells, even out skin tone, diminish fine lines and wrinkles, and even lessen acne scars. The result is a smoother, more blended skin texture and tone.
3. Injectable wrinkle fillers are a quick way to minimize wrinkles and give the face a more youthful appearance. Juvederm is used primarily to plump up the lips, and Restylane, which both plumps the skin and helps it maintain moisture, is used to reduce creases between the cheek and lip, creases that arc down from the corner of the mouth, and to plump lips and areas around the eyes. Both are made from a protein that is found naturally in the skin. The treatment takes only 10-15 minutes and results can last 12-18 months.
4. An eyelid lift can take years off the face by enhancing the key focal point – the eyes. Called a "blepharoplasty," an eyelid lift rejuvenates wrinkled eyes by removing excess skin and fat that makes them appear tired and old. This effectively opens up the eyes to restore a more vibrant, youthful appearance. The surgery is done on an outpatient basis and recovery generally takes five to seven days.
5. The Mini Facelift, sometimes called the "weekend facelift" because of its short surgical and recovery time, enhances important facial focal points with less risk, time and cost than a full facelift. Minis can remove minor sagging and drooping around the cheeks, jowls and neck area that come with age. Ideal candidates are in their 30s or 40s and just starting to see signs of aging.
Corbett Cosmetic Surgery is a boutique beauty center offering a high level of personal attention and elite access to the surgeon that is unmatched in Louisville. Dr. Corbett is a highly credentialed and experienced surgeon, skilled in the latest techniques and tools. He sees patients at his office on Dutchman's Lane, which offers an intimate setting where the staff knows patients by name and their needs are always met quickly.
For more information about any of these treatments or to schedule a free consultant, please visit www.corbettcosmeticsurgery.com or call 502-721-0330. You can also visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/corbettcs