Defense Logistics Announces Winners of 2010 Awards Program
New York, New York December 03, 2010 Business News(PRLEAP.COM) (ARLINGTON, VA) December 3, 2010 - The winners of the 7th Annual Defense Logistics Awards were announced at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 1st, during a dinner attended by more than 150 guests at the Marriott Crystal Gateway. Winners of the prestigious awards given in five major categories included Northrop Grumman Corporation and BAE Systems, among others. A special honor for Lifetime Achievement in Military Logistics was awarded to Vice Admiral Keith W. Lippert, USN (Ret.) Please see full details on the winners below.
The awards ceremony took place in concurrence with the annual Defense Logistics conference, produced by Worldwide Business Research (WBR). The awards were hosted by Northrop Grumman, IBM, Pratt & Whitney and Rockwell Collins and the winners selected from a group of finalists in each of the five categories by a distinguished judging panel.
The detailed list of winners are indicated here:
Best Logistics Strategy: A Specific Project Or Military-Contractor Partnership Achieving Logistics Excellence
- Team JSF (Joint Strike Fighter Program Office / Lockheed-Martin Aeronautics / Northrop Grumman Corporation / BAE Systems / Pratt & Whitney): F-35 Lightning II Sustainment
Best PBL Implementation
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Project Management Office & AAI Corporation, Logistics & Technical Service (LTS) Shadow PBL Program
Best Technology Implementation (Co-winners)
- Marine Corps Logistics Command, SECREP Total Allowance Recomputation Tool (START)
- The DoD/VA Healthcare Data Synchronization Program & MEDPDB
Military-Military Collaboration Of The Year: Rewarding The Joint Effort
- Marine Corps Assault Breacher Vehicle Program
Beyond The Call Of Duty: Logistician Of The Year
- Lieutenant Colonel Jens Curtis, Chief, USTRANSCOM Operations and Plans Directorate, USCENTCOM Branch
2010 Logistician Lifetime Achievement Award
- Vice Admiral Keith W. Lippert, USN (Ret.)
"The interest and response to this year's awards program was phenomenal, and we take it as testament to the Defense Logistics commitment to supporting the warfighter," said Jarrett Spagnoli, Executive Director, Defense Logistics. "It's always great to see the collaboration between different DoD services and contractors. Defense Logistics has been working to honor great logisticians since 2004, and I'm proud to see how far we've come in furthering the cause of the joint force."
"It is a great honor to be a part of recognizing these logisticians and programs for their tremendous efforts," said Amol Tembe, Director, Defense Logistics. "This year's field of submissions was extremely competitive and impressive. I feel privileged to be involved."
To identify these leading programs and initiatives, WBR enlisted a distinguished, unbiased panel of logisticians to accurately and objectively evaluate the awards categories that support the industry. Our judges were:
- Claude V. 'Chris' Christianson, LtGen, USA (Ret), Director, Center for Joint & Strategic Logistics, NATIONAL DEFENSE UNIVERSITY
- Luke Gill, President, G SQUARED LIMITED
- William Horne, President, COUNCIL OF LOGISTICS ENGINEERING PROFESSIONALS
- Randy T. Fowler, Assistant Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (ADUSD), Materiel
Readiness (MR), OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE
- David S. Floyd, Performance Based Logistics Director, DEFENSE ACQUISITION UNIVERSITY
About the Defense Logistics Awards
The Defense Logistics awards ceremony has been established to honor, recognize and promote the logisticians in the US Department of Defense and the defense industry that have made a significant contribution to military logistics. These logisticians support interoperability and transformation through logistics initiatives/programs/processes.
About Defense Logistics
Defense Logistics is produced by Worldwide Business Research (WBR). Since its launch in 2001, the Defense Logistics mission has remained the same: Full commitment to the warfighter through the advancement of a synchronized, joint-force supply chain. It remains the key logistics program to attend each year.
About Worldwide Business Research
WBR, producers of the Defense Logistics conference, is the world's biggest large-scale conference company and part of the PLS group, one of the world's leading providers of strategic business intelligence with 16 offices worldwide. Our conference divisions consistently out-perform their industry sector competitors on the quality of the events we produce and the relationships we nurture with both delegates and sponsors. Every year, more than 10,000 senior executives from Fortune 1000 companies attend more than 100 annual conferences – a true "Who's Who" of today's corporate world. From automotive events in Bucharest to logistics conferences in Arizona and finance summits in Hong Kong, WBR is dedicated to exceeding the needs of its customers around the world. www.wbresearch.com
For further information on this year's Defense Logistics awards program or information on submitting an award for future programs, contact: