Preferred Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning shares how to conserve water in your home: helps with drought and your water bill too
Preferred Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning offers a Water Conservation Inspection to help homeowners find possible leaks and create a custom plan to improve personal water consumption. Following are a few tips and products to consider, from Bruce Smith, president and general manager of Preferred Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning:
1. Check for and repair obvious leaks: In addition to that "drop…drop…drop" from showers or faucets, also look under all sinks and around faucet handles for signs of minor leaks. Outside too, make sure that all spigots can be completely turned off when not in use.
2. Shower Power: the average family uses up to 40 gallons of water a day just for showers. We know you love your jet showerhead - but not to worry! There are a variety of water efficient brands available to reduce the flow of water without significantly reducing water pressure.
3. Faucet Flow: Get in the habit of turning off the water while you brush your teeth or scrub dishes, and also consider replacing your old faucets. By installing flow efficient sink faucets, an average household can save more than 500 gallons of water each year.
4. Aerators to the rescue: if you aren't up for total replacement for your faucets or showerheads, aerators are a quick and easy fix. These are the "tip" or "bottom" of the faucet that simply screw on. Low flow aerators add air to the water stream which decreases the amount of water flowing, but maintains the feeling of adequate water pressure.
5. Don't Fear the Flush: toilets use the most water in our homes. Fortunately, there are a plethora of water-saving toilets available that are estimated to save a family of four at least 16,000 gallons and more than $100 per year in water bills.
6. Water Efficient Appliances: When it's time to replace major appliances, look to new water-saving brands for your dishwasher and washing machine. Those with the Energy Star label will be the most efficient and can save you 3-6 or more gallons of water per dishwashers load. Energy efficient washing machines are designed to use less water, less energy and less detergent!
The need to conserve water will always be a fact. Depending on how much you are willing to invest in time and energy, there are quick and easy fixes or more impactful alternatives as well. When you total up the gallons of water and possible cost savings, these changes can have a significant effect on the drought and your wallet.
For a Water Conservation Inspection please call Preferred Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning at 760.863.0832 and we will be happy to create a custom plan for you.
About Preferred Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning:
Preferred Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning is a locally owned an operated company providing professional repair, replacement and installation services on plumbing, heating and air conditioning systems. The full-service HVAC and plumbing company has been servicing residential and commercial customers in the Coachella Valley and surrounding areas since 1992. They sell, service and install any heating, cooling or indoor air home comfort product. Preferred Plumbing has offices in Indio and Palm Springs.
For more information: www.preferredplumbingac.com or 760.863.0832.
Leap Online Marketing for Preferred Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning