Finding a Reliable Used Car at Auction Requires Homework, Common Sense
February 07, 2006 (PRLEAP.COM) Business News(Dublin, CA) February 7, 2006 —While finding a reliable used car at an auto auction might seem like a pipe dream to some, educated consumers who use a few best practices and some good old fashioned common sense usually drive away with a genuine bargain.
“Finding a reliable used car at auction isn’t rocket science, “said Alameda County Auction CEO Adel Saadeh. “It’s the same as buying a used car anywhere else—except at a much better price.”
For more than 12 years, Saadeh has operated one of the most successful car auction houses on the West coast, and at this point has dozens of repeat customers that come to him first when they want a reliable used car. “I’ve gotten to know a lot of good people through my business,” he said. “People that bought their first car here liked the savings and kept coming back.”
According to Saadeh, first-time auction goers can benefit from a few simple tips that will help them feel better about their purchases, including:
• Know where the auctioned vehicles come from. Alameda County Auction vehicles come from lease returns, bank repossessions and a few trade in. “The more vehicles that come from more traditional channels, the better, “ Saadeh noted.
• Check leading consumer publications and resale value books to educate yourself about reliability records and values of any particular make and model you’re interested in.
• Make sure the car auction house does a basic safety check and state emissions test, where applicable, on cars they offer.
• Attend any preview days offered. That will give you a chance to check out any vehicles you’re interested in at your own pace and before the heat of bidding begins.
• Check to see if the car auction house offers an extended warranty. Alameda County Auction not only offers an extended warranty on vehicles sold, but also on-the-spot financing.
• Use your best judgment. If a vehicle is out of your price range to begin with, don’t get caught up in the excitement and end up with a car you can’t afford.
In the end, it’s possible to find a great car for a great value at any auto auction, provided you plan ahead and know your product.
Alameda County Auction has two preview opportunities coming up for their next auto auction scheduled for 9:00 AM Saturday, March 4: Friday, March 3, 2006 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM, and Saturday, March 4, 2006 7:30 AM to 8:59 AM. Potential buyers can scrutinize available vehicles before the used car auction and make note of particular models they’re interested in.
For more information on Alameda County Auctions, and for directions to the event, interested parties should go to http://www.acauction.com or contact Alameda County Auction at (925)829-5999.
Alameda County Auction is a privately-owned company that specializes in offering late-model domestic and imported used cars at below blue book value several times a year at their Bay-area car auctions.