5 Simple Tips To Conquer Fear And Build A Brighter, Happier Future
February 13, 2006 (PRLEAP.COM) Lifestyle NewsAt the beginning of the New Year, millions of people set goals and resolutions to help them improve their lives. A select few will have had the courage and determination to turn their aspirations into reality. But sadly, most people who made resolutions will be unaware that they are the victims of an outright fraud causing their dreams to lie in tatters before the first month has passed.
“The majority of people are completely unaware that they are being cruelly and repeatedly robbed of their happiness”, says Chris Green, author of “Conquering Fear”. Many will believe it is because of their circumstances and that they can’t get a better life no matter what they do.
But they’re being mugged. Fear, the greedy thief of happiness, is the real culprit. Few people are aware of how this critter operates so it crushes their hopes and dreams without mercy. Ronald Reagan highlighted the problem clearly - “The future doesn’t belong to the faint-hearted. It belongs to the brave.”
For progress to be made, fear has to be overcome. Here are 5 powerful ways to kick back at the fear critter and stride towards a brighter future:
1. Take the time to think about what, exactly, a new brighter, happier, future involves. Thoughts harbor the seeds of a new life. At least 30 minutes should be allocated each day to work out the desired changes.
2. Resolve not to fear change. Change is the one constant in life. Without change, life will continue as it always has. A positive attitude towards change is crucial to individual growth.
3. Change will involve risk and failure. There are no guarantees in life, and if risk and failure didn’t exist, life would be extremely dull. Accept them, enjoy the thrill they bring and learn at every opportunity.
4. Maintaining motivation is vital. Have a picture board full of pictures relevant to the desired lifestyle. House, car, boats, landscapes, action photos, scenery of the location, as many as possible.
5. Today brings a new beginning. So wipe the slate clean and put the past to bed. A good technique is to clear out any old junk. Take it to a charity shop or have a garage sale. Invite the new and get busy creating a brighter tomorrow.
Chris Green conquered 12 years of missed opportunity and became a successful IT consultant, author and publisher by conquering fear. He is the author of the globally acclaimed book “Conquering Fear”, and the just released “Six Steps To Empowerment”, a new e-course to help people understand and conquer fear and enjoy a brighter, happier future. It can be freely downloaded from the author’s website at: http://www.conqueringfear.net