Show Your Appreciation During National Engineers Week
February 13, 2006 (PRLEAP.COM) Technology NewsFort Worth, TX – Whether it’s a brother, friend, co-worker or a valued business associate, Allied Electronics encourages you to recognize the engineer in your life during National Engineers Week.
National Engineers Week, which will be recognized nationally from February 19 – 25, 2006, is a week-long celebration of the engineering profession and the greatest achievements made by engineers. Let the engineer in your life know how much you appreciate their work with one of these great gift ideas:
• NTE Electronics Lightwave 4000 LED Flashlight – Tomorrow’s flashlight is here today with this flashlight. Featuring super bright white LEDs and having a typical life of over 11 years, this flashlight will last an average of 14 times longer than conventional flashlights. Designed for use in all weather conditions, this flashlight is shockproof and was built to withstand a 3 ft. drop onto a concrete floor. Allied Stock#: 245-4000
• Fluke Precision Infrared Thermometer – With a temperature range from -30 to +500°C, an optical resolution of 10:1 and a compact size that fits in a pocket, this infrared thermometer is the easiest way to measure, capture and document temperature. Just point the laser at the spot, press the button and a temperature reading will appear on the large back-lit display. Allied Stock#: 730-0093
• Dymo RhinoPro 5000 Hard Carry Case Kit – With all you need to hit the ground running, this handy kit gives engineers the versatility and convenience of a popular commercial labeling tool, two types of label cassettes, six batteries, AC adapter and instructions. Allied Stock#: 330-0005
• APC Back-UPS ES – With enough power outlets to protect your entire system, built-in phone/fax/modem line (DSL compatible) protection and easy-to-install safe system shutdown software make this power protection solution the best value for home office computers. Allied Stock#: 660-0010
• Tripp Lite Inverter – Use this portable and compact inverter to harness your vehicle's battery to efficiently power office equipment on the road. It continuously supplies up to 150 watts of 120V AC power to a single AC outlet from any 12V battery or automotive DC source. Allied Stock#: 575-0835
• Cherry Switch FingerTIP ID Board G83-14000/14100 – No need to remember passwords with this keyboard. Complete with an integrated fingerprint sensor, USB hub and PC/SC smart card reader, the FingerTIP ID Board is fitted with an integrated fingerprint sensor for password-free log-on and identification. Allied Stock#: 908-0080
• Banner Engineering Duo-Touch Sensor – Give an engineer some stress relief with this two-hand-control system. An ergonomic, control-reliable approach to safe machine-cycle initiation helps prevent injuries associated with repeated mechanical push button operation. Allied Stock#: 807-0240
• Fluke ScopeMeter 190 Series High-Performance Oscilloscope – With up to 200 MHz bandwidth, 2.5 GS/s real-time sampling and a deep memory of 27,500 points per input, this oscilloscope is ideal for engineers who need the full capabilities of a high-performance oscilloscope in a hand-held, battery powered instrument. Allied Stock#: 730-0012
• Honeywell/Microswitch EHM-D-RUMBLE – Designed to monitor frequency on of a piece of equipment, this sensor allows the maintenance engineer to investigate the source of the fault before it becomes a problem. It monitors the high frequency and low frequency signature from bearings and rotating equipment. Allied Stock#: 642-0460
• Omron Safety Light Curtain – Head, fingers, knees & toes…This safety sensor is ideal for every application and is designed to help prevent human contact with dangerous moving parts by detecting fingers, hands and bodies in dangerous areas and acting as a kill switch. Allied Stock#: 834-0407
Find these and other great products for engineers online at www.alliedelec.com.
About Allied Electronics
Allied Electronics’ headquarters are located in Fort Worth, Texas with 57 sales branches across the United States and Canada. Allied is a subsidiary of Electrocomponents plc (LSE: ECM), the world leading catalog component distributor. Electrocomponents has operations in six continents and headquarters in Oxford, England. For more information, visit www.alliedelec.com.
About National Engineers Week
Established in 1951 by the National Society of Professional Engineers, National Engineers Week is celebrated annually by thousands of engineers, engineering students, teachers and leaders in government and business. For more information, visit www.eweek.org.
# # #