PHIL FISH, CFP® DEVELOPS 28 DAYS TO FINANCIAL HEALTH BOOK AND WORKSHOP WITH HOPE OF HELPING INDIVIDUALS PLAN FOR RETIREMENT DURING LARGEST NATIONAL SAVINGS CRISIS SINCE THE DEPRESSION ERA
February 20, 2006 (PRLEAP.COM) Business News(Martinsburg, WV) – With individuals facing serious challenges as they plan for retirement, Phil Fish, CFP® has written 28 Days to Financial Health™, an easy-to-use workbook that helps consumers create a financial plan in just four weeks in the comfort of their home and at their own pace. “In today’s world, many families are not prepared for retirement, but they realize they need a plan of attack,” says Fish. He adds, “I wanted to develop a workbook that would serve as their personal financial planning guide and walk them step-by-step through creating a detailed and personalized financial plan in 28 Days.” Included with the workbook is a CD-ROM containing all of the worksheets in Word and Excel allowing families the ability to personalize their worksheets and track and update their progress from year to year.
28 Days to Financial Health™- priced at $45.00 and available for purchase at PhilFish.com – will provide the financial roadmap consumers have been seeking as they prepare for their financial future. The workbook recommends the use of professionals in law, tax, investments and insurance to help individuals execute the financial plan that is created in the workbook. Fish has also developed 28 Days to Financial Health™ workshops available to organizations and employers looking to offer constituencies or employees an educational jumpstart in planning for retirement. These workshops are educational events with no solicitations for business which provide a company or non-profit organization the ability to teach and train their employees and members with no conflicts of interest. Information on these invaluable workshops is available at PhilFish.com.
— MORE —
As Americans’ anxiety grows over increasing debt levels and the uncertain future of Social Security and pension benefits, there is a timely need for the 28 Days resources. According to Fish, individuals hoping for a secure retirement are facing the following five challenges:
1) Social Security: The surplus in the Social Security Trust Fund has already been spent by the Government causing an unsure future for Social Security as the Baby Boomers begin to retire;
2) Pension Plans: Companies are reducing, freezing or eliminating their pension plans which forces employees to save for their own retirement;
3) Debt: Individual debt is rising driving the savings rate to its lowest level since 1933. This means that many individuals are heading toward retirement with too much debt and insufficient savings to pay for all of their retirement expenses;
4) Life Expectancy: Many individuals will face a retirement of over 20 years placing pressure on their retirement savings;
5) Long Term Care: Medical expenses are steadily rising and many individuals are not financially able to handle these high costs.
As 28 Days to Financial Health™ finds its way into homes, consumers are pleased with the common-sense approach Fish takes in writing and walking each reader through this 28 Day personal financial planning program. Dr. Deborah Morrone of Maryland says, “28 Days is a great way to review all aspects of your financial situation and fill in the gaps. There are so many things to cover, but 28 Days breaks it down to the most basic pieces!”
For more information on 28 Days to Financial Health™ workbook and workshops, please visit www.PhilFish.com. For media inquiries, or to set up an interview with Phil Fish, please contact Teresa Yasutis at 571-203-0089.
- 30 -