Piribo: New publication announcement, The World Nanotechnology Market (2006)
August 18, 2006 Business News(PRLEAP.COM) This report provides an updated and detailed overview of the Nanotechnology market worldwide. It examines the emerging trends in the industry and provides exclusive forecasts product wise and application wise. It includes the snapshots of different players in the industry, the R&D spending in various countries and studies the patents in this technology.
- Worldwide more than $9.5 billion was spent on Nanotechnology research and development in 2005, which showed a considerable rise as compared to 2004. Out of the total R&D expenditure, major contributions were done from various governments and corporate who together contributed nearly $9 billion. Rest of the R&D spending was from venture capital firms.
- By 2008, the total global demand for nanoscale materials, devices and tools will cross $28 billion.
- The U.S. Nanotechnology market is predicted to reach $3.3 billion by 2008 and cross $19.8 billion by 2013 showing a strong growth.
- The market for textiles using Nanotechnologies will cross US $13 billion mark by 2007. By 2012, the market is expected to reach US $115.2 billion.
- United States has the largest share of global investment in Nanotechnology. The US market had a share of 27% in 2005. Followed by Japanese market with more than 24% of share. The western European market also had a quarter of the market share with major investment in countries like Germany, UK and France. Other countries like China, Russia, South Korea, Canada and Australia hold the rest of the share.
Key Issues Addressed
- The global outlook of Nanotechnology market.
- Analysis of Nanotechnology market by various products and application areas, their market and growth prospects.
- Key drivers, opportunities for growth, and challenges for Nanotechnology.
- An update on the recent developments in Nanotechnology.
- Snapshots of the key players in Nanotechnology.
Key Players Analyzed
This report provides an overview of the major players in the field Nanotechnology:
Altair Nanotechnologies Inc.
Dow Chemical Company
Dupont De Nemours and Company
Eastman Kodak Company
Konarka Technologies Inc.
Inc. Xerox Corporation
Zyvex Corporation etc.
1. General toxicology
2. Drug metabolism: inactivation and bioactivation of xenobioptics
3. Molecular and cellular mechanisms of toxicity
6. Carcinogenicity of drugs
7. Liver toxicity
8. Kidney toxicity
9. Toxicology in the respiratory system
11. Clinical toxicology
12. Safety assessment of pharmaceuticals: regulatory aspects
“The World Nanotechnology Market (2006)” is available from Piribo. For more information go to: http://www.piribo.com/publications/technology/world_nanotechnology_market_2006.html
Piribo Product ID: RCS283
Piribo is a UK-based independent online store supplying business information on the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. The website now carries over 3,800 English language titles including, market reports, studies and books and is the UK’s largest online biopharma information store. Subscribers receive a free monthly newsletter and email alerts on new titles in their areas of interest. The company was established in 2004.