Galor Systems Launches Gilboa Version 4 at WTM 2006 Exhibition in London
October 30, 2006 (PRLEAP.COM) Travel NewsOctober 30, 2006 - Galor Systems and Software Development Ltd., a leading supplier of integrated end-to-end travel management solutions, announced today that it is exhibiting at the World Travel Market (WTM) Exhibition, Stand TT4075, November 6-9, London, United Kingdom.
WTM 2006 - Galor to Launch Gilboa Version
Galor will be showcasing its flagship product Gilboa Version 4, scheduled for release in Q1 2007. Based on .NET Technology, Gilboa Version 4 capabilities include: two destination Dynamic Packaging, Google Maps functionality, new look and feel user-friendly interface, tighter integration with Global Distribution Systems (GDS), improved back-office functionality over the Web, and more.
The World Travel Market 2006 exhibition is one of the flagship industry events for the Consumer and Business Travel Market. Hundreds of exhibitors will be visited by thousands of people from around the travel industry, from travel agents to hotel owners.
Gilboa is an end-to-end integrated Travel Management System offering B2B, B2C, B2E and B2S solutions enabling agents, clients, employees and suppliers online access to the system over the Internet. Gilboa allows users to sell online in real time, offers host to host interfaces for content worldwide, dynamic and static packages, and handles all types of travel services including control of inventories, tour operation, supplier products and price lists, group calculation sheet and more. The system also offers the ability to conduct transactions in over 24 languages using a variety of currencies.
Gilboa Version 4 brings with it significant enhancements and technological upgrades, providing the platform to efficiently cope with mid to large-scale projects and to handle high daily transaction volumes.
The development of Gilboa Version 4 is based on .NET, Microsoft’s latest technology, as well as its roadmap for future developments. The G4I (Gilboa for Internet) interface was developed completely from scratch using this new technology, which allows for faster development as well as deployment and implementation of the solution at the customer site. This choice is compatible with Galor’s forward-looking strategy to maintain Gilboa on the cutting edge of new technologies.
Gilboa Version 4 includes the following new and advanced capabilities:
• Two Destination Dynamic Packaging – this unique capability which follows on Galor’s reputation as a leading developer of Dynamic Packaging, allows travelers to easily expand their travel options by building their own tour, a combination of flight and hotel to not only one, but two different destinations. This technology is not an option, but essential for travel companies, which face requests for complex travel itineraries from their customers.
• Google Maps Functionality – this brings with it the state-of-the-art and all the necessary mapping capabilities including satellite and aerial imagery and views. Google Maps provide travelers with the ability to book hotels from a map – to view where the hotel of their choice is located and continue with their booking.
• New and improved Graphical User Interface (GUI) – the completely new look and feel of the user interface provides the opportunity for easier navigation by the user.
• Tighter integration with Global Distribution Systems (GDS) – Gilboa is able to boast tighter integration and data synchronization with major GDS including Amadeus, Galileo, Sabre, Worldspan and Abacus. The 2-way data transference ensures critical information is effortlessly available on both Gilboa as well as the GDS systems.
• Web services – Gilboa is an open system, which enables third party as well as our customer’s agents to connect to Gilboa using XML over the Web (host-to- host capability). Galor has undertaken the complete rewriting of the XML as a Web service, which enables our customers to offer their agents a more seamless way to integrate with them.
• Improved and enhanced back-office functionality over the Web – most of Gilboa’s functionalities, previously enabled on Windows, will now be accessible over the Web using the Internet browser.
Exclusive demonstrations of the new Gilboa system are available at the World Travel Market 2006 exhibition taking place at the ExCel Center, London, 6th - 9th November.
As part of its ever-increasing strategy to offer value to its customers, Galor is also offering the Gilboa ASP model as a service over the Web to its customers. This service provides Galor customers access to an end-to-end integrated solution, at the same time allowing them to streamline their business processes without the high cost of managing, deploying or maintaining hardware and software, keeping overall costs to a minimum.
Avi Katz, Galor CTO and Head of Development and Marketing remarks: “We have added new functions in Gilboa Version 4, and have significantly invested in developing enhancements which will improve user and system productivity overall. Galor’s objective is to continually improve Gilboa’s capabilities as part of its mission to enhance services offered to its valued customers, optimizing their investment and improving their business processes.”
About Galor Systems and Software Development Ltd.
Galor Systems and Software Development Ltd. is a leading supplier of integrated end-to-end travel management solutions including front and back office capabilities, with Web site and Web engine, for all types of travel companies including tour operators, travel agents, charter operators, congress organizers, tourism wholesalers and more. The company has a strong international presence and operates in over 22 countries worldwide in North America, Europe, Middle East and the Asia Pacific region, with over 700 sites and 6000 users having implemented its flagship product, Gilboa. Visit the company’s website, www.galor.com, for more information
Galor Systems and Software Development Ltd.
00972 3 607 6300
Galor Systems and Software Development Ltd.
00972 3 607 6300