RiverSource Insurance Announces Income Protection Disability Income Insurance
October 10, 2007 (PRLEAP.COM) Business NewsMINNEAPOLIS – October 10, 2007 – RiverSource Life Insurance Company, a subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial, Inc. (NYSE: AMP) announced the availability of new individual disability income (DI) insurance products, RiverSource® Income Protection and RiverSource® Income Protection Plus.
“As our clients work to achieve their dreams, many face unexpected obstacles, such as a long-term disability or illness,” said Tim Bechtold, senior vice president - RiverSource Life Insurance Company. “But such events don’t have to mean the end of pursuing those dreams. Having the appropriate individual disability income insurance coverage can help give clients confidence that their financial plans will stay on track if they cannot work.”
RiverSource disability income insurance offers:
- The ability to select a plan that can provide benefits when clients are unable to perform the duties of their occupation,
- Flexibility to select the waiting period, benefit amount and benefit period up to age 67, in some cases,
- The ability to cover more income through enhanced issue and participation limits,
- The ability to help keep the benefit amount in line with income increases and inflation through optional riders. Optional features are available at an additional premium and may not be available in all states.
Many people will need income protection at some point during their working career. For example, a 40-year-old worker has a 43 percent chance of becoming disabled for 90 days or more. And a working couple, both age 40, has a 68 percent chance that at least one of them could become disabled for 90 days or more, according to data from the 2006 JHA Disability Fact Book. Many people believe that they are adequately protected if they have coverage through their employer. However, losing employer-provided group coverage due to a job change can put financial dreams at risk if the unexpected happens. Having individual coverage helps maintain a level of protection and peace of mind.
RiverSource disability income insurance offers a choice of two disability income insurance products with several policy options to help people ensure they have the right amount and type of coverage based on their occupation:
- RiverSource Income Protection provides a benefit if a long-term illness or injury prevents someone from working in their current occupation and they are not working in another occupation. It also offers an optional partial disability benefit if their income is reduced due to disability.
- RiverSource Income Protection Plus provides a benefit if a disability prevents someone from working in their current occupation, even if they are able to work in another occupation. They can receive partial benefits if they are unable to return to their current occupation full time. RiverSource Income Protection Plus also offers two other policy options with own-occupation periods of two years or five years.
For more information, visit riversource.com/disabilityinsurance
About RiverSource Insurance
Insurance and annuity products are issued by RiverSource Life Insurance Company and in New York, by RiverSource Life Insurance Co. of New York, Albany, New York. These companies are affiliated with Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. Only RiverSource Life Insurance Co. of New York is authorized to sell insurance and annuities in New York.
About Ameriprise Financial
Ameriprise Financial, Inc. is a leading financial planning and services company that provides solutions for clients' asset accumulation, income management and insurance protection needs. Through a nationwide network of more than 10,000 financial advisors, Ameriprise Financial delivers tailored solutions to clients through a comprehensive and personalized financial planning approach built on a long-term relationship with a knowledgeable advisor. The company specializes in helping to meet the retirement-related financial needs of the mass affluent and affluent. For more information about our services and providers, visit ameriprise.com.
# # #
RiverSource Insurance products are sold through the personal advisors of Ameriprise Financial (NYSE:AMP).
This is not an offer for insurance; proof of insurability must be made before coverage will be issued.
Not all policies are available in all states. Optional features are available for an additional premium and may not be available in all states.
RiverSource Insurance cannot guarantee future financial results.
This news release applies to the following contracts and their state variations: 30200G, 30203G, 30205G, 30208G.
Investments and financial advisory services available through Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc., Member FINRA and SIPC., and Ameriprise Financial company.
© 2007 RiverSource Life Insurance Company. All rights reserved.