ControlGuard Announces Its Fourth-Generation Endpoint Security solution for Portable Devices and Removable Media
November 01, 2007 (PRLEAP.COM) Technology NewsBRIDGEWATER, NJ – November 1, 2007 – ControlGuard, a leading provider of endpoint security solutions, today announced the launch of its Fourth-Generation technology for managing the secure use of removable media and portable devices in the enterprise.
ControlGuard will be showcasing its technology at CSI 2007 Annual Conference in Washington DC, November 4-6 and Infosecurity in Paris, France, November 21-22, 2007.
ControlGuard’s Endpoint Access Manager enables central control and monitoring of end-user usage of portable devices and removable media. The new version 4.0 offers a rich set of enhanced device and port control capabilities:
- Adaptive policies to handle endpoints online, offline, Wi-Fi and various VPN configurations.
- Data backup on copy to removable media.
- Support for VMware, Key Loggers and delegated administration.
Version 4.0 also extends beyond device and port control to include content scanning and file level granularity to prevent proprietary information leaking out of enterprise endpoints.
ControlGuard fourth generation extendable architecture creates an extensive eco-system of best of breed partners to offer enterprises the most complete solution for managing the use of portable devices:
- In partnership with SanDisk, ControlGuard offers secured mobile data solution including SanDisk’s hardware encrypted Cruzer Enterprise USB drives, centralized management software and ControlGuard’s Endpoint Access Manager to control and monitor the use of the USB drives.
- In partnership with PGP, ControlGuard offers integration with whole disk encryption solutions enforcing policies on enterprise desktops and laptops to make sure only enterprise sanctioned encrypted removable media and devices are used.
- In partnership with content filtering vendors, ControlGuard will offer an extensive extrusion prevention solution combining network technology to identify and flag proprietary information with ControlGuard control and monitoring capabilities at the endpoint.
ControlGuard is a leading provider of enterprise-grade security solutions that protect, manage and secure enterprises from endpoint vulnerabilities like information leakage and data theft. The company’s flagship product, Endpoint Access Manager, manages the secure use of removable media and portable devices.
ControlGuard endpoint security solutions protect many enterprises including major insurance companies financial institutions and security agencies across the US and Europe.
For more information please visit ControlGuard website at www.controlguard.com. ControlGuard can also be reached at +1 908-203-4683.