RTcom USA Announces Industry's First Fully HDCP-Compliant DVI Matrix Router
November 11, 2007 (PRLEAP.COM) Technology NewsSparta, NJ November 11, 2007 — RTcom USA Inc., provider of digital connectivity solutions for professional and consumer audio-visual and personal computer systems, announced it has developed and is now shipping the industry's first digital visual interface (DVI) matrix router with full HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) compliance - now making it possible to transmit high definition video signals from up to six sources, including consumer audio-visual products and computers, to as many as six displays at the highest resolution.
With the Digital Extender® DS-66HM DVI Matrix Router, video signals from computers and home audio-visual products - such as HD-DVD players, TiVo systems, satellite set top boxes, and Blu-ray disc players - can be sent to up to six displays. The DS-66HM DVI Matrix Router overcame the problem of HDCP encoding, which blocked signals from being transmitted from audio-visual products to multiple displays. This advance, for example, allows users to play multiple DVDs for digital signage, exhibition, or entertainment shows where multiple displays are used, without showing any degradation in the audio-visual signals.
"We designed the DS-66HM DVI Matrix Router in response to our users' requests to allow today's popular consumer electronics products to be the DVI Matrix Router's source," said Joon Ryu, president of RTcom USA. "Signal degradation is a significant problem for A/V routers when joining multiple sources and displays, and RTcom USA just bridged that gap."
The DS-66HM DVI Matrix Router supports the highest DVI single-link resolution and full matrix routing functions. Among its other features:
• Multiple switching modes, allowing any 6 x 6 select switching, from single input to multiple output
• Control options including RS-232C, LAN (TCP/IP), infrared or front panel keys
• Resolution support up to 2048 x 1080 at 60Hz, the highest resolution with DVI single link, and 1080p@60Hz with 36 bit color depth.
• HDCP compliance at all output channels
• Compliance to DVI V1.0 and HDMI V1.3
• Built-in Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) read function, with Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory (EEPROM), to save display EDID data while supporting any HDTV with maximum resolutions. The unit also supports non-Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) resolution, including projectors with unique resolutions. This function is easy to set up by the user
• Built-in noise protection circuits in each input and output port
• Exhibition video display system
• Control of the home theater system
The DS-66HM DVI Matrix Router is available now at an MSRP of $4,999 and can be purchased through Aurora Multimedia at (732) 591-5800 ext. 208.
About RTcom USA
RTcom USA Inc., headquartered in Sparta, N.J., is a leading manufacturer of professional digital A/V and PC connectivity products in the digital connectivity market. As an industry pioneer, RTcom USA works closely with the major international standards-setting bodies to develop and tailor its products for the needs of system integrators, home theater consumers and A/V equipment manufacturers. The company's products, sold under the "Digital Extender®" brand, include fiber optic DVI/HDMI extension systems, HDTV switchers, distribution amplifiers, signal converters, digital cables and adapters. Since its founding in 2001, RTcom USA has maintained manufacturing and R&D facilities in the U.S. and Korea. Visit www.digitalextender.com for more information.