solix Technologies Introduces Enterprise Data Management suite for Siebel
November 15, 2007 (PRLEAP.COM) Technology NewsSunnyvale, Calif., and Oracle OpenWorld, San Francisco, Calif., November 15, 2007 – Solix Technologies, a leading provider of Enterprise Data Management Solutions used by large enterprise customers to manage business critical data, today announced Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite (Solix EDMS) for Siebel. Solix EDMS enables companies to more efficiently classify, manage and secure Siebel Customer Relationship Management applications, maintain information governance, implement tiered storage strategies and consolidate data.
Solix EDMS is pre-populated with the metadata for Siebel as well as for the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle PeopleSoft and Oracle JD Edwards Enterprise One, and provides a drag-and-drop tool to configure metadata for custom applications. Solix EDMS's modular architecture enables customers to solve immediate data management needs while leveraging existing capital investments for future initiatives. With the addition of Solix EDMS for Oracle Siebel, Solix provides a data management solution for the majority of Oracle’s Applications.
According to Enterprise Strategy Group research, over 25% of organizations indicated that CRM deployments are the fastest growing database application within their environment. ‘There is no question that CRM solutions are critical to sales force automation and directly impact any organization’s top line, said Brian Babineau, Senior Analyst with ESG. This latest offering from Solix enables CRM users to improve application performance, control storage costs, and create test and development environments without compromising data access. The pre-populated data models allow CRM application managers to quickly get the archiving and management processes in place and quickly generate benefits from the Solix solution.”
At the core of Solix EDMS is the Solix Enterprise Metadata Manager, which manages multiple application and data types across all hardware platforms. The Solix Enterprise Metadata Manager enables centralized management of data security policies whether the data resides in the production instance or in test and development copies.
Solix EDMS provides organizations with the tools to:
• Mitigate Risk: Significantly reduce security threats by masking confidential database data within archives and test and development environments;
• Reduce Storage Costs: Leverage tiered storage strategies for more efficient data lifecycle management;
• Enforce Consistent Security Policies: Implement consistent data security policies and enforce those policies when archiving and migrating data
• Audit Data: Audit database activity, providing audit notifications and reports that can be searched and retrieved during an E-Discovery investigation; and
• Retire legacy applications: Migrate and archive legacy data for application and infrastructure upgrades
Solix Enterprise Data Management Suite:
• Solix Secure Test and Development allows organizations to automatically create database copies while masking sensitive data in non-production environments for improved security, faster test and development cycles, and reduced storage costs.
• Solix Data Auditor is a policy driven security tool that monitors and reports on what data has been accessed, updated or deleted, providing event notification and reporting of database activity in a secure repository that can be searched during an audit or eDiscovery inquiry.
• Solix Enterprise Archiving, archives all data (application, email, documents and other files) to a secure, controlled, and searchable archive laying a foundation to support eDiscovery.
• Solix Application Sunsetting and Migration leverages the Solix Enterprise Metadata Manager and allows database administrators to map metadata between legacy and current applications and create conversion rules to ensure seamless data migration.
Solix EDMS is available for all custom and packaged applications including Siebel, Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft and JD Edwards, and supports Oracle Database, DB2, SQL Server and any other database that utilizes a JDBC driver.
Solix is a member of the Oracle PartnerNetwork. For more information, visit Solix Technologies online at www.solix.com.
About the Oracle PartnerNetwork
Oracle PartnerNetwork is a global business network of more than 19,500 companies who deliver innovative software solutions based on Oracle software. Through access to Oracle’s premier products, education, technical services, marketing and sales support, the Oracle PartnerNetwork program provides partners with the resources they need to be successful in today’s global economy. Oracle partners are able to offer their customers leading-edge solutions backed by Oracle’s position as the world's largest enterprise software company. Partners who are able to demonstrate superior product knowledge, technical expertise and a commitment to doing business with Oracle qualify for the Certified Partner levels.
About Solix Technologies, Inc.
Solix Technologies, Inc., a leader in enterprise data management solutions, helps businesses improve application performance, reduce storage costs and meet compliance requirements. Solix is considered a pioneer in providing a complete infrastructure platform to manage data across all segments (Application, Email and Documents) in an enterprise. As an ORACLE Certified Partner and a SAP Complementary Software Provider (CSP) and NetApp Advantage Partner, Solix has a worldwide client base that includes many Fortune500 companies.