Zenoss Launches Network Management Products for Education
December 02, 2007 (PRLEAP.COM) Technology NewsANNAPOLIS, MD, - Zenoss Inc., a leading open source IT management software provider, announced the launch of Zenoss Enterprise Edition for Educational institutions. Through this program Zenoss is providing the state-of-the-art Open Source IT Management solution for today's educational environments. With the Zenoss Enterprise Edition educational institutions can meet the demanding management requirements of their IT infrastructure while taking full advantage of the cost efficiencies of commercial open source.
Zenoss Enterprise Edition for EDU provides several packages to meet the needs of educational organizations of all sizes and delivers the full power of our Enterprise Edition along with access to the world-class Zenoss Support/Engineering team.
“Zenoss understands that educational facilities have different support and budgetary considerations from corporations but still have the complex infrastructure that needs systems management,” said Tim Galligan, Zenoss VP of Worldwide Sales and Client Services. “The goal of the Zenoss Enterprise Edition for EDU is to bring appropriately packaged products to academia that manage even the most demanding IT environments.”
The Zenoss Enterprise Edition for EDU offers the following features:
• Comprehensive IT Monitoring – Zenoss monitors your entire network at the application, server, and network levels via SNMP, XML-RPC, or Windows Management Interface (WMI)
• Predictive Threshold Trending - Static and dynamic thresholding capabilities for service level agreements
• Role Based Access Control Levels - Management of permissions to create varying levels of access to different parts of the Zenoss system on a per-user basis
• Certified Application Monitors - Turnkey, best-practices application monitoring templates for Microsoft Active Directory and IIS, MySQL, Oracle, and many more
• Report Library - Advanced reports that provide key insights and save valuable time for IT manager
• Certified Integrations - Zenoss Enterprise for EDU is designed for easy customization and integration with other applications in your environment. Zenoss Enterprise for EDU delivers the following third party integrations: RANCID (Cisco router configuration and change tracking), Remedy (trouble-ticketing), LDAP (authentication)
• Certified Builds - Zenoss Enterprise Edition includes a tested and supported version of Zenoss’ open source IT monitoring solution
For a complete list of features and Zenoss for EDU offerings please visit: http://www.zenoss.com/product/edu or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Zenoss, Inc.
Zenoss Inc. brings powerful IT management solutions to organizations of all sizes around the globe. Zenoss Core is a complete network monitoring and systems management platform that discovers networked IT resources, monitors them for performance and availability, and tracks changes through a configuration management database (CMDB). Zenoss offers enterprise-grade support, services, and commercial add-ons through its Enterprise Subscription. One of the ten most active projects on SourceForge.Net, Zenoss software has been downloaded over 450,000 times, and is used in government, education, and some of the world's largest corporations. Zenoss is winner of Network World's Clear Choice Award, Enterprise Open Source Magazine Readers' Choice Award, and a nominee for Best Technical Design in the SourceForge 2007 Community Choice Awards. Zenoss, Inc. is privately held and headquartered in Annapolis, MD. Download Zenoss Core free here.
Media Relations Contacts: