Check Point Introduces Groundbreaking New UTM-1 Total Security Solutions, Now Including Best-In-Class Messaging Security
December 06, 2007 (PRLEAP.COM) Technology NewsCheck Point® Software Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ: CHKP), the worldwide leader in securing the Internet, today announced the launch of the company’s new UTM-1 Total Security appliances, offering the most comprehensive, powerful network protection on the market in a single, easy-to-purchase, easy-to-manage, cost-effective platform.
UTM-1 Total Security solutions change the UTM industry paradigm with an all-inclusive approach to fully protect mid-sized business networks against a wide range of Internet attacks. The unique, unprecedented combination offers core integrated UTM security features conveniently packaged with up to 3 years of dynamic, subscription-based security services, plus software updates and a hardware warranty at a single, business-friendly price.
“Many customers want a comprehensive unified threat management solution bundled with all the extra services, so they can plug it in and be protected,” said Gil Shwed, chairman and chief executive officer at Check Point. “We’re dedicated to delivering ‘total security’ in a powerful UTM platform.”
UTM-1 Total Security appliances include:
- Industry-leading application and network layer firewall
- VPN (site to site and remote access)
- Gateway antivirus and anti-spyware
- Intrusion prevention
- SSL VPN
- Web filtering
- Comprehensive messaging security for e-mail
- Software subscription & hardware warranty
- Dynamic security updates
- Central, easy-to-use management
The addition of messaging security to the Check Point UTM-1 Total Security appliances delivers six dimensions of protection against the three most common attack vectors: spam, e-mail viruses or malware and infrastructure attacks such as e-mail servers. Protections include content-based anti-spam, Internet Protocol reputation, block/allow lists, antivirus, zero-hour outbreak protection and e-mail intrusion prevention. By combining this broad messaging security coverage with a simplified management and the core UTM features, Check Point is able to offer the most powerful UTM solution available today.
“With tens of thousands of new phishing attacks discovered every month and zombie botnets sending an estimated 80% of unwanted mail, spam is no longer simply a nuisance. It is also a threat to users and a costly drain on network bandwidth,” said Bob Egner, vice president of product management at Check Point. “Check Point offers the only comprehensive UTM solution in the market including superior messaging security while continuing to deliver the benefits of a total security solution.”
Six dimensions of comprehensive messaging security
Check Point UTM-1 Total Security appliances and VPN-1 UTM software offer an efficient set of messaging security measures to achieve high performance without sacrificing security. Included are:
- Content-Based Anti-Spam – Unique pattern-based engine detects advanced forms of spam such as image-based and foreign language spam
- Internet Protocol Reputation – Increases performance by blocking most spam at the connection level without the need for further inspection by checking the reputation of the sender
- Block/Allow Lists – Provides administrators with the ability to customize a list to deny obvious email offenders and allow trusted senders
- Antivirus Signature Scan – Scans message content and attachments against existing antivirus signatures
- Email Intrusion Prevention – Protects against threats targeting the messaging infrastructure itself
- Zero-Hour Outbreak Protection – Complements signature-based antivirus to block attacks as they occur-before a signature is available.
“Today, the increasing sophistication and frequency of spam and phishing attacks pose a significant challenge to businesses,” said Charles Kolodgy, a security analyst at IDC. “It’s imperative to protect your infrastructure from being exploited by having a unified threat management solution in place that provides comprehensive messaging security by blocking even the most advanced spam and deflecting the latest viruses.”
Check Point Total Security appliances are the industry’s only truly complete package for businesses seeking advanced protection against a wide spectrum of threats. By bundling the services and support customers need in a cost-effective easy-to-manage platform, Check Point has further established its leadership position in the bourgeoning UTM market.
Pricing, specifications, availability
The new messaging security capabilities are also being added to Check Point’s VPN-1 UTM software solution. Check Point UTM-1 Total Security appliances and VPN-1 UTM software are available immediately.
Prices for UTM-1 Total Security appliances start at $10,500 USD including software subscription and security updates. For detailed specifications, please visit www.checkpoint.com
Press Contact Craig Coward
Context Public Relations
01625 511966 (main)