REGISTRATION STILL OPEN FOR WOMEN’S RETREAT JULY 29-31
July 14, 2005 (PRLEAP.COM) Education NewsThere’s still time for women to register for “Women’s Journeys: A Weekend of Wisdom, Wonder, and Celebration.” This spiritual retreat will be held July 29-31, 2005, at Sinsinawa Mound Retreat Center in Sinsinawa, Wisconsin, just 10 minutes from Dubuque, Iowa, and Galena, Illinois.
Topics of the presentations include creativity, writing, acting, abundance, inner wisdom, relationships, finding balance in life, and tapping into “The Wild Woman Within.”
Drawing participants from all across the country, the retreat offers women a chance to take a time out from busy summer schedules and do something uplifting and fun for themselves, says Deb Engle, retreat coordinator.
“This will be a one-of-a-kind opportunity to come together in a beautiful setting and enjoy a different kind of girls’ weekend,” Engle says. “We’ll have many opportunities to learn something new, but it’s also a chance to relax, pamper yourself, and refresh your spirit. We’re encouraging participants to bring a friend, daughter, mom, aunt, or other favorite woman in their life to share the experience.”
The presenters include:
• Kathy Adams, a psychiatric/mental health nurse practitioner in practice at Broadlawns Hospital in Des Moines.
• Mary Cartledgehayes, a Methodist minister living in Louisville, Kentucky. She is the author of Grace: A Memoir (Crown, 2003).
• Dana Lalli Drobny, the founder of KindMind, a coaching and facilitation business. Drobny is a native Iowan now living in Santa Barbara, California.
• Debra Landwehr Engle, author of Grace from the Garden: Changing the World One Garden at a Time (Rodale, 2003) and co-founder of Tending Your Inner Garden, a program of creativity and spirituality for women.
• Diane Glass, former teacher, radio program host, and marketing executive for The Des Moines Register, and co-founder of Tending Your Inner Garden.
• Rita T. Henry, Reiki master and healing practitioner, and founder of Inner Prosperity in Des Moines.
“The range of experience and perspectives of the presenters will make this a one-of-kind retreat,” Engle says. Additional instructors and practitioners will offer sessions based on drumming, Reiki, native American flute, and Spiritual Response Therapy.
Details about the retreat, including a tentative schedule and on-line registration, are available at www.goldentreeco.com. For more information, contact Deb Engle at 515/462-4004 or email@example.com.