Top-10 Kid-Friendly Activities at Mauna Lani Resort on the Big Island, Hawaii Great for Family Vacations
March 14, 2008 (PRLEAP.COM) Travel NewsKohala Coast, Hawai’i, March 14, 2008 – Mauna Lani Resort offers a host of kid-friendly activities to make a stay at this Big Island resort the perfect escape for families. Known for their dedication to the Hawaiian culture and preservation of the ‘aina (land), Mauna Lani’s keiki-guest offerings are so unique and fun most youngsters won’t realize they’re also learning about the environment and culture of the islands.
Be sure to explore Mauna Lani’s Top 10 Keiki-Friendly Activities on your Hawai'i family vacation
1. Colorful koi and tropical fish feeding – the diversity of fish in the saltwater ponds surrounding Mauna Lani are entrancing. Kids and families will enjoy the resort’s fish feeding tours.
2. Learn the “hukilau” - hula and ‘ukulele lessons are a great way for kids to get down with the music and dance of Hawai’i.
3. “Wipe Out”– Mauna Lani’s nine-hole Keiki Course is specifically designed for junior golfers and beginning players. The course is no pushover either; hole #3, aptly named “Wipe Out”, is compared to the “toughest wave you’ll ever ride.”
4. Nurture a honu – Since 1989, Mauna Lani has raised honu (green sea turtles) in their saltwater ponds, educating guests and the local community about this endangered species. If your family vacation falls over the 4th of July, be sure to partake in “Turtle Independence Day” which includes games and a honu release at the ocean’s edge.
5. Camp Mauna Lani – Kids aged 5-12 can spend the day exploring caves, participating in arts and crafts activities or joining in fun outdoor games and activities.
6. Celebrate the Hawaiian culture – Mauna Lani celebrates the Hawaiian way of life with cultural activities for kids of all ages. Weave a lauhala bracelet, decipher petroglyphs, duck into a lava cave or take a peek into the past at the Eva Parker Woods Cottage Museum.
7. Pampering Pitstop – Mauna Lani Spa offers a Tutti Frutti Tropical Smoothie, a gentle body treatment that includes a Hawaiian sugar cane exfoliation; followed by a soothing application of moisture rich body butter as well as a Tutti Frutti Mani-Pedi Combo. Kids sip on tropical fruit juice while receiving the soothing treatment.
8. Fish like the locals – Mauna Lani’s expansive shoreline offers kids a chance to catch fish using a bamboo fishing pole. Scoop net fishing is also a fun pastime in the resort’s tide pools.
9. Play like a pro - The Mauna Lani Tennis Club offers a clinic just for kids. The Tennis Club, located adjacent to Mauna Lani Spa provides a big-time environment for tennis prodigies to test their skills.
10. Get a bird’s eye view of life under the sea – Kids can take advantage of complimentary snorkel gear daily. The resort also offers motorized kayaks allowing the entire family to enjoy an exciting and educational ocean exploration during their Big Island vacation.
Mauna Lani’s ‘Ohana Package Makes Booking a Family Vacation a Snap!
‘Ohana means family in Hawaiian and Mauna Lani continues to earn its reputation as Hawaii's premier family resort with activities, programs and events designed for every generation. The Mauna Lani ‘Ohana package starts at $315 per room per night (two-room, three-night minimum) and is available through December 23, 2008. Restrictions apply.