Hamilton Park Hotel & Conference Center in Northern NJ Goes Green; Offers Eco-friendly Lodging
April 16, 2008 (PRLEAP.COM) Travel NewsFlorham Park, NJ– April 16, 2008– After vowing to become a more eco-friendly meeting facility, Hamilton Park Hotel & Conference Center has made good on its 2007 promise by implementing numerous “green” initiatives that have resulted in huge energy savings on the 13-acre, northern New Jersey property, managed by Destination Hotels & Resorts (DH&R). Air conditioners have been replaced with new energy-saving units and 5,000 light bulbs with energy-efficient fluorescents are impacting the bulk of the meeting facility’s estimated 35% energy savings so far this year.
In keeping with DH&R’s corporate Destination Earth program, Hamilton Park’s most recent efforts to become more eco-friendly include:
• A coaster that doubles as a water preserver for meeting room set-ups. When placed over the neck of the bottle, the water saver says: “place this saver over your water bottle and our staff will not remove it, conserving water and saving resources for future recycling.” Since its inception, meeting attendees have consumed 25% fewer bottles of water each month, resulting in less plastic waste and significant cost savings for the New Jersey conference center.
• Encouraging meeting attendees to use the Hotel’s Poland Spring® 5 gallon water cooler for refills during breaks.
• Collecting left behind waste paper from meetings and hotel offices and placing it in locked shredder boxes to ensure client and hotel privacy.
• A rooftop economizer that pulls in outside air and uses it to cool meeting rooms in a more eco-friendly way.
• New Jersey Wheels Program — Hamilton Park employees participate in this environmentally friendly program that uses fewer cars on the road and gets them to work more efficiently and economically.
• Daily menus that feature the best of local fresh produce, including New Jersey’s famous tomatoes and corn, and such delicacies as fiddlehead ferns and bread from local bakers. Chef Ron Roccasecca, who is passionate about local and sustainable produce, ensures quality control.
• Redesigning the housekeeping department’s hanger stackers and bell closets to recycle wire hangers. Hangers are returned to the dry cleaners for future use.
• Switching bathroom amenities to Ecossential Elements® bath products made with organic natural ingredients.
• Recycling newspapers, cardboard boxes, plastic and glass in an eco-friendly manner.
Additional eco-friendly programs and savings innovations are planned for later this year.
Set on 13 acres in New Jersey’s historic Morristown area, just 20 minutes from Newark Airport, Hamilton Park Hotel & Conference Center presents a beautiful setting for corporate gatherings, social occasions, weddings and leisure stays. Lodging and amenities at this green hotel include 219 luxurious room accommodations, 40 meeting rooms, indoor and outdoor pools, a fitness center, a range of exquisite dining options and a full-service business center.
Destination Hotels & Resorts is a privately held lodging management company headquartered in suburban Denver, Colo. With 30 independent, luxury and upscale hotels, resorts and golf clubs, Destination is the fifth largest independent hospitality management company in the country. The company’s portfolio features more than 7,000 guest rooms, 10 golf courses and 12 full-service spas. Destination Hotels & Resorts properties are located in key metropolitan and resort markets including Washington, D.C., Houston, Chicago, Denver, Dallas, San Diego, Aspen, Austin, Phoenix, Palm Springs, Jackson Hole, Maui and Lake Tahoe. For more information on the properties in the Destination Hotels & Resorts collection, please visit www.destinationhotels.com.