Weather Trends Releases Myskeye.com Version 2.0
June 19, 2008 (PRLEAP.COM) Technology NewsBETHLEHEM, Pa. (June 19, 2008) – Weather Trends International Inc. is proud to announce the release of www.myskeye.com version 2.0, a global business-weather planning and forecasting platform with a bit of fun for consumers too! Myskeye.com generates year-ahead weather forecasts by day for high/low temperatures, energy metrics like CDD/HDD, weekly rainfall and monthly snowfall forecasts for 4,000 cities in 129 countries and 42,000 zip codes here in the U.S. “With over 1,000 paid subscribers, the site is used by many of the world’s most successful and admired fortune 1000 companies to help retailers, suppliers, financial firms and traders make better decisions around how the weather next month, next season or next year will impact seasonal category sales, financial markets and overall business performance.” said Bill Kirk, CEO & Co-founder of Weather Trends International, Inc. “Our team of developers led by Matt Alonso and Evan Lowery have given our clients and anyone in the world access to a very powerful, highly accurate and easy to use long-range weather planning capability.” added Kirk.
“We use myskeye.com’s year-ahead business weather intelligence and historical tracking information to better support Wal-Mart with our sun care category. It’s an awesome tool and their 80%+ accuracy is unbelievable”, said Chris Martinovic, Category Manager Suncare, Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club Team, Schering-Plough. For business users like Chris, the more technical business centric charts, tables and downloadable retail specific geographies for larger retailers and suppliers help them make better long lead decisions on procurement of seasonal merchandise, replenishment profile adjustments, DC-store allocation, marketing events, advertising and markdown timing.
For consumers around the world just looking for the best weather a year-ahead for a vacation, wedding, graduation party or back yard picnic, the Free 3-day QuickCastTM makes planning a snap: 1 (select city)…2 (select date up to 11 months ahead)…3 (click submit) for a year-ahead forecast anywhere in the world. Just need the next 14-days? Click on the map for Free 14-day forecasts in cities all over the world.
With Myskeye.com paying clients have access to the full suite of tool box features:
• Energy Planner: The most accurate year-ahead math/statistics based Cooling/Heating Degree Day forecast information available for Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) traders or retailers with thousands of stores who need a more accurate energy budget forecast.
• Favorability Planner (Marketing, Advertising, Markdown Timing): Generates year-ahead daily/weekly forecasts by city, region, country and retail/business specific planning hierarchies to assess when and where to send more seasonal merchandise, when is the best time to run the advertising campaign to reach the most consumers or when to start the markdowns to clear out inventory for the next season.
• Weather Console (Sales Timing): Generates charts and exportable data tables for any location with 16 years of historical weather data by location and year-ahead information. Forecasts can be compared to last year to assist retailers and suppliers in quickly identifying where and when the big changes in weather will take place driving spikes in sales.
• Holiday/Time Assessment (Product Demand): Puts the forecast into perspective by benchmarking it against the prior 16 years. Suppliers can quickly see that a region will be the hottest in 14 years or wettest in a decade to help better support their retail customers with the right amount of inventory at the right time to meet consumer demand.
• Accuracy Verification: Used by our in-house team of meteorologists and climatologists to track the accuracy of our long range forecasts every day! Accuracy verification reports are submitted to clients on a regular basis. Our 6-year proven track record of 80% to 90% accurate temperature forecasts and 65% to 90% accurate precipitation forecasts and 98% client retention validates just how reliable our math/statistics based forecasts are.
“As a research climate scientist, I was skeptical at first (as many clients are initially) that WTI could do what they say they can do when I joined them over a year ago. But now seeing client ROIs in the millions to 130 million dollar range using our business weather intelligence has me convinced that reliable year-ahead forecasting is a reality for businesses, energy/ag traders and consumers all over the world.” said Michael Ferrari, VP Climate Research and Commodities Expert, Weather Trends International.
Visit www.myskeye.com today to see what the buzz is all about!
About Weather Trends International: The global leader of actionable business weather guidance for retailers, manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, agricultural firms and financial analysts whose product's sales or business performance is impacted by the everyday volatility of the weather. Clients include some of the world’s most respected and successful companies like Wal-Mart, ASDA, Target, Kohl’s, Bon-Ton, Gander Mountain, Sherwin Williams, Anheuser-Busch, Johnson & Johnson, 3M, Levi's, Pizza Hut, Merrill Lynch and Citigroup among dozens of others. Its weather solutions and understanding of how consumers respond to the weather is used throughout organizations to help "manage the weather risk” by timing and planning key marketing, advertising, markdowns, and inventory allocation decisions around favorable weather opportunities. Utilizing technology first developed in the early 1990s, Weather Trends International’s unique statistical, math and trade secret formula forecasting methodology projects temperature, precipitation and snowfall trends by day and week a year-ahead for 4,000 cities in 129 countries.