Pamela Peeters hosts third annual "Sustainable Planet" film festival on July 19th at the Chelsea Art Museum
July 09, 2008 (PRLEAP.COM) Entertainment NewsBelgian-born Pamela Peeters has been bringing Sustainable Development to the mainstream consciousness for the past six years. She is delighted to offer Manhattanites a summer appointment for a green and sustainable city.
"Sustainable Planet" is a film festival that promotes sustainable development. It is the first platform where moviemakers can meet with for-profit and non-profit organizations in order to watch movies and discuss sustainable solutions in an entertaining way. Films to screen come from India, Belgium, the USA, Haiti, Lebanon, Germany, Australia, and Brazil and showcase community building efforts and/or environmental care practices.
Contact Pamela Peeters for the entire program and the list of selected movies at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FILMS AND KNOWLEDGE: A NEW CONCEPT
For the 2008 edition, the concept has expanded and now also includes a "KNOWLEDGE ROOM", a space where presentations and panel discussions will take place.
- Adrian Kondratowitz and Helen Brough representing ART;
- Alberto Gonzalez (founder of the GUSTO ORGANICS restaurant) and Elliot, one of the chefs from the Natural Gourmet Cooking School representing FOOD;
- Nathan Hobbs from the Green Equinox, representing SPORTS;
- Dr. Partick Kirkbride, Phd, from the Parson's Design School, representing PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT;
- Eric Hunter Slater, producer / director, representing ENTERTAINMENT
Amelia Amelia from the Parson's Design School for, 2008 recipient of the Sustainable Steward Award for PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT;
- Gaelin Rosenwaks, Explorer, 2008 recipient of the Sustainable Steward Award for ECO TOURISM;
- Councilman Gennaro, 2008 recipient of the Sustainable Steward Award for LIFESTYLE
Moderator : Environmental Economist Pamela Peeters
MSNBC Marisa Belger - says on Pamela Peeters:
"When it comes to integrating eco-awareness into everyday life, Peeters follows a philosophy that's accessible to everyone from the hardcore planet protector to the person who has recently begun thinking about the environment"
DATE : July 19th from 12.00 pm - 5.30 pm
PLACE: Chelsea Art Museum, Manhattan ( 556 West 22nd street @ 11th Av )
Tickets can be bought at www.sustainablestyles.com