International Lawyers Network Welcomes New Member in Frankfurt, MATTKE – Rechtsanwälte
August 08, 2008 (PRLEAP.COM) Business NewsNew York (August 8, 2008) – On Friday, the International Lawyers Network announced that MATTKE – Rechtsanwälte has joined the Network as their representative for Frankfurt. MATTKE – Rechtsanwälte, a team of four attorneys, regards themselves as a highly efficient "labor law boutique." This law firm focuses on legal advice and representation in all areas of labor law, thus providing specialized services, individually or as a team, in accordance with the clients' needs and the respective issues.
The service range includes the "typical" representation in labor law matters, such as enforcement or defense of individual legal positions:
- Preparation of employee dismissals;
- Procedural issues with regard to special dismissal protection;
- Requests for part-time employment;
- Issues related to vacation leave, sick leave and parents' leave law;
- Claims for compensation;
- Anti-discrimination protection.
The preventive approach of MATTKE - Rechtsanwälte to the administration of law also includes development of individual and collective agreements:
- Draft model employment agreements;
- Agreement on flexible working hours (working-time models);
- Innovative compensation systems (e.g. deferred compensation);
- Bonus schemes and target agreements (e.g. LTIP / STIP);
- Use of IT systems in compliance with the stipulations of the employee data protection law.
The law firm's work in the field of conceptual legal advice focuses on planning and designing changes at the corporate and operational levels:
- Restructuring plants and divisions (e.g. headcount reduction);
- Divestment of operations and divisions (outsourcing);
- Risk assessment in case of business transfers (Section 613 a of the German Civil Code).
MATTKE - Rechtsanwälte supports and represents their clients' interests vis-à-vis co-determination bodies, works councils as well as their company- and group-wide associations, and in supervisory boards to which employee representatives belong by:
- Establishing approval and consent procedures in accordance with the stipulations of the German Works Council Constitution Act (e.g. instructions for working overtime, transfers);
- Representing their clients in procedures before conciliation committees;
- Representing their clients in supervisory boards with employee representation.
The consultancy services of MATTKE - Rechtsanwälte on labor law matters are followed up, if necessary, by legal representation in court.
The law firm advises clients in the service or tertiary sector as well as in industry and commerce. Its specialized attorneys frequently advise subsidiaries of US and other companies in Germany. Most of the clients are medium-sized companies with up to several hundred employees.
The International Lawyers Network facilitates personal relationships among lawyers in mid-sized law firms all over the world, allowing them to confidently operate in a global marketplace while retaining their independence and local expertise. As one of the largest networks of experienced attorneys in the world, the ILN provides a platform for clients to access quality legal professionals worldwide with the cost-effectiveness and personalized service only independent, regional law firms can provide. With 91 high-quality, full-service and specialized law firms and over 5,000 lawyers in 64 countries on six continents, the excellence, demonstrated experience, worldwide presence, and relationships of the International Lawyers Network combine to make this Network one of the leading associations of independent law firms in the world.