Metrix Unveils Latest Release of its Industry-Leading Field Service Management Software
October 02, 2008 (PRLEAP.COM) Technology NewsMilwaukee, WI (October 2, 2008) – Metrix, the field service software company, today announced a new version of its powerful business automation software, Metrix Service 5.1. The latest release was unveiled this morning at Aberdeen's Chief Service Officer Summit in San Francisco.
"We can add new features faster than anyone," said Larry Laux, CEO of Metrix. "Metrix 5.1 is a next-generation, 100% SOA application with 30 years of service know-how woven into its core fabric. We understand Service. We can turn a customer suggestion into a product enhancement in a few weeks – who can match that?"
By leveraging state-of-the-art development tools like Microsoft .NET 3.5 and Visual Studio 2008, Metrix Service 5.1 will ship with an impressive number of new features including:
• Real-time traffic updates with turn-by-turn driving directions.
• Expanded reverse logistics and third-party repair optimization.
• Drag-and-drop configuration tools to rapidly modify the user interface.
• Enhanced role-based security and SSO support through Active Directory.
• Flexible validation rules to eliminate data-entry errors and extra key-strokes.
• Meter-based pricing and billing automation for pay-per-click service contracts.
• Product recall management including engineering change orders and outbound calls.
• Dynamic customer surveys to improve service quality, compliance and responsiveness.
"Metrix Service 5.1 reduces implementation time by 20%," said Tom Bowe, VP Engineering of Metrix. "Customers can easily change screen layouts, add new fields, create custom rules and embed external web services in a matter of hours vs. days."
"Metrix is taking a big step forward by improving integration with existing back office systems and simplifying software configuration and customization," said Sumair Dutta, Senior Research Analyst at the AberdeenGroup. "We often find these areas to be key challenges for companies trying to optimize their service delivery processes. The new release also provides avenues for capturing customer feedback at the point-of-service and displaying route-based maps in real-time, two features that are highly valued by Best-in-Class service organizations."
Metrix software applications enable profitable service management through powerful customer support, field service, scheduling, warranty, reverse logistics and mobile solutions. Leveraging over 28 years of experience, Metrix provides a competitive advantage to innovative companies like Ingenico, Olympus, Cubic, Ericsson and Makino by increasing service performance. For more information, visit www.metrix.com.