Selectabase Announces Birmingham is the UK's Birthday Capital
October 09, 2008 (PRLEAP.COM) Business NewsFigures announced by direct marketing company Selectabase show that Birmingham was the birthday capital of the UK last month, with more birthdays being celebrated in the Birmingham postcode area than anywhere else in the country.
The next largest concentrations of birthdays were in the Sheffield postcode area and then the Newcastle region.
Selectabase discovered the UK's top birthday locations after analysing the latest data from its Birthday Mailings database, a marketing list which lets companies identify and target consumers who are just about to celebrate a significant birthday such as a 21st, 30th, 40th, 50th or 60th birthday.
Other interesting birthday based facts to be gleaned from the list include:
· Amongst key milestone birthdays there will be more 50th birthday celebrations than any other this year.
· The least prevalent milestone birthday this year will be 30th birthdays.
· May is the top month for celebrating a 21st birthday this year.
· September is the top month for celebrating a 30th birthday in 2008.
· March is the top month for a 40th birthday and for a 50th birthday as well.
· April is the top month for people celebrating a 60th Birthday.
The Birthday Mailings list is an extensive database of 11 million consumers, ready to be selected and targeted in time for their next birthday. Users select potential customers based on their next birthday; a 21st, 40th, 50th, or simply anyone with a birthday in their local area. You can also refine your list based on geography and other lifestyle trends. An up date list is then sent to users each month ready for them to mail.
Birthday Mailings data is used by local retailers and businesses to identify potential customers just before they celebrate a birthday. Typical users include restaurants, bars, gift shops, venues and so on, as well as products targeted at specific age groups like mobile phones for younger adults, or services for older people.
So the results of analysing the Birthday mailings data means that greetings cards retailers in the West Midlands area with plentiful supplies of Happy 50th Birthday cards should have plenty to celebrate!