Reiss Manufacturing's Silicone Rubber Facilitates Green Product Design
February 26, 2009 (PRLEAP.COM) Business NewsBLACKSTONE, VA (February 26, 2009) Reiss Manufacturing Inc. is introducing silicone and fluorosilicone rubber compounds formulated by its Ronsil division as important elements in green product design.
"Compared to other rubber materials, silicone rubber compounds are an excellent green choice," said Allen Johnson, Reiss Manufacturing's National Sales & Marketing Manager.
He cited a number of benefits, including:
1. Weathering: Silicones provides a long life up to 50 years, decreasing the need for replacement parts.
2. Unlike other rubber compounds, silicone rubber is not cured by sulfur.
3. Because silicone is not an oil-based product, its selection over other polymers decreases overall dependence on petrochemicals.
4. When it finally does begin to decay, silicone decomposes to silica.
5. Silicone, unlike a number of other polymer choices, is biologically inert.
Silicone is not only a good choice for manufacturers seeking to design greener products, but it's also an excellent choice for those manufacturing parts directly for the green industry.
Because silicone and fluorosilicone are adaptable, they can be custom formulated and manufactured to become part of a wide variety of green products, including battery-operated cars, solar panels, and wind turbines, according to Johnson.
"Ronsil silicone formulations can perform in the toughest conditions," he added.
Contact Reiss to speak with a specialist and learn how silicone rubber can make the difference in your green product design – by phone at 434-292-1600 or on-line at www.reissmfg.com/contact.aspx.