Entrepreneurs to Meet Active Investors in Silicon Valley and Los Angeles
July 14, 2009 (PRLEAP.COM) Business NewsNew York, NY – July 14, 2009 - FundingPost (www.FundingPost.com) is proud to announce both its July 21 "Silicon Valley Angel and Venture Conference" and its July 23 "Los Angeles Angel and Venture Conference," sponsored by Bingham McCutchen. After hosting a highly-successful Palo Alto event on March 5, boasting 170+ attendees, FundingPost is excited to be headed back to the West Coast. In addition to repeating its venture and angel event series in Silicon Valley, which includes a panel discussion, elevator pitches, and networking opportunities to meet the VCs and Angels, FundingPost will also be organizing its first event in Los Angeles. The panels of local investors will address trends in early-stage investing, hot sectors, the best and worst ways to get their attention, as well as additional advice on how to grow your business during the recession.
Speakers for the Silicon Valley Event include:
- Hitesh Anand, Sr. Manager, Scouting & Corporate Business Dev., Nokia
- Jim Connor, President, Sand Hill Angels
- Sonja Hoel Perkins, Managing Director, Menlo Ventures
- Annette Finsterbusch, Director, Applied Ventures
- Neal Hansch, Principal, Rustic Canyon Partners
- Ryan Floyd, Managing Director, Storm Ventures
- Nicola Corzine, Deal Manager, Band of Angels
- Charles Beeler, General Partner, El Dorado Ventures
- Ho Nam, General Partner & Co-Founder, Altos Ventures
- Don Wood, Managing Director, Draper Fisher Jurvetson
- Tim Wilson, Partner, Partech International
- Clint Chao, General Partner, Formative Ventures
Speakers for the Los Angeles Event include:
- John Babcock, Partner, Rustic Canyon Partners
- Kevin Jacques, Partner, Palomar Ventures
- Steve Slater, Angel Investor, Pasadena Angels
- Brandon S. Chabner, Angel Investor, The Fat Cat Club
- Barbara Bickham, Founder CEO, TechGenii, Inc.
- Connie Koch, President, Keiretsu Forum Southern California
Additional speakers to be announced!
"We received great feedback from our last Silicon Valley event and are looking forward to returning and introducing a new panel with more deal-seeking Angel Investors and Venture Capitalists," said Joe Rubin, Director, FundingPost. "Additionally, while we have already been organizing events in 17 cities over the past 8 years, we're thrilled to be adding an 18th city - hosting our first event in Los Angeles!"
To register to attend either event, visit: http://www.FundingPost.com/events.asp
FundingPost is an entrepreneur and investor network reaching more than 250,000 executives and 7,500 Venture Capital and Angel Investors across the nation each month.
For almost nine years, FundingPost has worked with thousands of Angel and Venture Capital Investors and Entrepreneurs. FundingPost has hosted over 8,500 CEOs and 500 Venture Funds at events in 17 cities nationwide, as well as providing a Dealflow magazine and a deal-exchange Website that sees introductions of Investors to Entrepreneurs every day. FundingPost's mission is to reach investors and entrepreneurs in every medium possible - both online and offline. For more information: (www.FundingPost.com)
ABOUT BINGHAM MCCUTCHEN:
Bingham, with approximately 1,000 lawyers in 12 offices spanning the United States, the United Kingdom and Asia, has extensive experience representing venture capital funds in organizational matters, negotiating and documenting their investments in portfolio companies, and representing clients in multiple rounds of preferred stock and other financings. Bingham's venture capital clients cover a variety of industries, including software and hardware, life sciences and healthcare, telecommunications, Internet infrastructure and e-commerce, and energy. For more information: (www.bingham.com)