docSTAR Version 3ten Document Management Software is Now Available
August 04, 2009 (PRLEAP.COM) Technology NewsSchenectady, NY – docSTAR, a leading provider of document management software solutions, has released docSTAR Version 3ten. This represents a significant update to previous versions of the award-winning software.
"For years, docSTAR has embodied document management ease of use and elegance in simplicity," said Ray Emirzian, VP of Product Development. "docSTAR 3ten represents a dramatic leap forward in usability. It is truly a superior product."
In addition to complete, easy-to-use document management, docSTAR's latest offering includes: Enhanced User Experience, Single Document Approvals, Improved OCR, Multi-document Handling and BDP Module Enhancements.
Enhanced User Experience
docSTAR has always been recognized for its easy, simple interface. Enhanced User Experience represents a whole new way to customize docSTAR.
- My docSTAR is a large customizable area that includes: My Alerts, My Favorites, My Windows and a selectable background image.
- Nav Panel stays with you as you navigate to always provide access to important areas within docSTAR.
- Advanced Search with Auto-Suggest feature is available in the retrieval window.
- Collapsable areas of relevance allow users to expand or collapse features for faster access to common functions.
- Thumbnail Preview makes finding documents in a list easier than ever before.
docSTAR 3ten optimizes daily document processing tasks by simplifying workflows and providing more automation options than ever before.
- Single Document Approvals/Alerts allow users to immediately receive a document, view it, place an approval stamp or forward the document via email/docSTAR alert.
- Enhanced Optical Character Recognition (OCR) includes powerful technology to further automate document indexing tasks – virtually eliminating manual keystrokes.
- Multi-Document Handling allows users to simultaneously process many documents faster and easier than ever before.
Business Document Packages (BDP)
docSTAR redesigned BDP based on user feedback to create an incredibly robust module that allows greater usability and faster collaboration between team members.
- New interface with document preview provides easy access to important functions.
- Re-designed security model gives greater flexibility for user interactions.
- Multiple Individual Approvers allows administrators to assign many specific approvers to individual document slots.
- Multiple Designated Alerts lets administrators assign document alerts to specific users.
- One-Click Complete finishes all document slots available for completion in one-click.
docSTAR Version 3ten is available immediately through authorized docSTAR Business Partners. It will come standard with all new systems and upgrades to eligible installed products will be offered through the docSTAR SoftCare licensing program.
docSTAR is a recognized leader of comprehensive and integrated document management solutions. docSTAR allows instant access to documents and immediate cost savings while delivering ease of use, fast implementation, safety, and security. For more information, go to www.docstar.com.