South America Vacations | South America Tours
August 19, 2009 (PRLEAP.COM) Travel NewsSouth America may take up 3.5 percent of the world's surface but it's responsible for much more of the planet's excitement. Listed as a "hot destination" by the USTOA, South America's culture, nature, food and value make it a place worth discovering and exploring in 2010. Now, the Globus family of brands has unveiled more than 20 vacations to emerging destinations in Mexico, South and Central America, including four new itineraries, spotlighting the company's increased dedication to growth in this area of the world.
"Since 2005, we've seen double-digit percentage growth in our South America business," said Pamela Hoffee, vice president of product and operations for the Globus family of brands. "This is a destination with enormous appeal – from culture, access and favorable currency to diversity, food and adventure. And, while the logistics involved in traveling to South America can seem somewhat intimidating for first-time travelers to the destination, a guided tour or independent travel package (Monograms) with help from our experts present travelers a great, stress-free yet fun-filled solution."
Ranging from eight to 20 days, the Globus family of brands' 2010 Latin American vacations are as robust as the countries and regions featured. Four NEW itineraries for 2010 include one Cruise & Tour itinerary and three Monograms independent travel vacations. They are:
Avalon Waterways (Cruise & Tour)
• NEW Ecuador & the Galápagos (9 days from Quito to Guyaquil), priced from $3,379 land, cruise and intra-vacation air only.
Monograms (Independent Vacations)
• NEW Brazil, Argentina & Chile (12 days), priced from $2,239 land only.
• NEW Amazonia Voyage with Rio & Iguassu (10 days), priced from $2,769 land and cruise only.
• NEW Costa Rica Wonders (8 days), priced from $1,299 land only.
"Not only are Americans discovering all the beauty, color and vigor Latin America offers, the dollar goes further in Mexico, South and Central America than in many other destinations," said Scott Nisbet, president and chief executive officer for the Globus family of brands. And, to whet South America travel appetites even more, the Globus family of brands is offering travelers a PROMOTION: Receive $300 off per person on the air-inclusive price of any 2010 Globus, Monograms or Avalon South American vacation between now and October 13, 2009.*
Additional 2010 South America Tour, Cruise & Tour and Independent Vacation offerings include:
• Natural Wonders of Costa Rica (9 days), priced from $1,529 land only.
• South American Escape (8 days from Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires), priced from $2,469 land and intra-vacation air only.
• Mayan Civilizations: Honduras, Guatemala & Belize (12 days from Guatamala City to San Ignacio), priced from $2,559 land only.
• Mexico's Colonial Cities (8 days), priced from $1,349 land only.
Avalon Waterways (Cruise & Tour)
• Discover the Galápagos & Peru (13 days from Lima to Quinto), priced from $5,169 land, cruise and intra-vacation air only.
Monograms (Independent Travel)
• Peru Highlights (6 days), priced from $1,639 land only.
• Pantagonian & Chilean Fjords (13 days), priced from $6,179 land and cruise only.
• Galápagos Highlights (6 days), priced from $2,589 land, cruise and intra-vacation air only.
For more information, visit www.globusjourneys.com or www.ColorfulSouthAmerica.com. Or, to learn more about touring in South America, check out a video made by some of our South America travelers.
* Book a 2010 Globus, Monograms or Avalon South America, Asia or South Pacific air-inclusive vacation to receive the $300 per person discount. Booking must be made, under deposit and discount applied between August 12 and October 13, 2009 for travel commencing through December 31, 2010. Offers not valid with any other offer except Journeys Club and applies to new 2010 bookings only. Offer reliant on space availability. Full cancellation penalties will apply. Additional restrictions may apply.
ABOUT THE GLOBUS FAMILY OF BRANDS
Littleton, Colorado-based Group Voyagers, Inc. is the privately held company that markets and sells the Globus family of brands within the United States. Globus, Cosmos, Monograms and Avalon Waterways offer travelers unparalleled tour, independent travel package, river and small ship cruise options. Considered the world's largest tour operator, with 80 years of international travel experience, the Globus family of brands is dedicated to enriching the lives of travelers by turning foreign destinations into familiar harbors, where the expense of travel is forgotten and replaced by personal value. The Globus family of brands is a member of Sustainable Travel International (STI).
Consumers can book a Globus family of brands vacation or reques brochures by visiting a preferred travel agent or by calling the following toll free number: 1.866.313.2855. For more information, please visit www.globusfamily.com.
Travel agents can request any Globus family of brands brochures by calling toll free 1.800.221.0090 or visiting www.globusfamilypartner.com.