IntelliNet Puts Spotlight on Femtocells
October 06, 2009 (PRLEAP.COM) Business NewsIntelliNet Technologies today announced that its Chief Technical Officer, Arun Handa, will be speaking at the Supercomm Show being held in Chicago, October 21-23. Mr. Handa will present "The Case for Femtocells." This session is included in the Supercomm program track "The Innovation Engine: Technologies behind the Broadband Revolution."
Femtocells are cellular access points that connect to a mobile operator's network using residential DSL or cable broadband connections. They can improve indoor wireless coverage and can offload traffic from the wireless macro network.
The session is designed to answer:
- Apart from a few small-scale deployments, what is needed to drive a faster adoption of femtocells?
- Can femtocells promise a lower infrastructure cost for rich data services without increasing packet core costs?
- How can femtocells deployments be accelerated?
- Do handsets need to be made femto-aware? Is optimization necessary?
- How far are we from standardization of the Iu-h model?
- Is it better to operate with the current core network or wait for IMS?
- Which technology is better for Femtocells - 2G, UMTS, CDMA, WiMAX or LTE?
- Are management issues in service rollouts well resolved?
"Femtocells have fuelled unparalleled service provider interest and have amassed a fast growing vendor ecosystem," said Anjan Ghosal, president and CEO of IntelliNet Technologies. "IntelliNet is a leader in solutions for femtocell connectivity to 3G core networks."
Mr. Handa will be teamed with Robert Riordan, Executive Vice President for Cellcom, a US wireless carrier offering femtocells to its subscribers. Supercomm is being held at McCormick Place in Chicago from October 21 through 23. "The Case for Femtocells" will be held on Friday, October 23 at 11:40 am.
About IntelliNet Technologies
IntelliNet Technologies provides network convergence technology and solutions to accelerate the deployment of next generation applications and services. Our convergence solutions include the femtocell gateway, IWLAN gateway and security gateway. We work with the telecom industry's leading network equipment providers and network operators to deliver high performance solutions customized for their needs. We offer broad applications coverage including core network technology enablers and protocols for mobility, messaging, location, charging and policy. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida IntelliNet solutions shorten time-to-market, reduce costs, increase flexibility and minimize risk. For more information please visit: http://www.intellinet-tech.com