European Vacations from Globus & Cosmos
October 30, 2009 (PRLEAP.COM) Travel NewsAs plans of traveling to Europe make a resurgence on "must-do" lists in 2010, both cost-conscious and seasoned travelers alike are turning to packaged and all-inclusive vacations to fulfill their European travel wishes. Today, both Globus and Cosmos unveiled dozens of European vacations, including new getaways, travel styles and savings of up to 20 percent, compared with 2009 prices.
"We know many vacation-deprived travelers are gearing up to get away in 2010," said Scott Nisbet, president and CEO of the Globus family of brands. "And, we're providing them more ways to stretch their travel dollars abroad. Our European tours give Americans an inclusive-style of travel with incomparable exploration and enrichment opportunities. And, as a bonus for Americans looking for a guilt-free getaway, most costs for our vacations are both planned for and paid upfront in U.S. dollars."
As part of its 2010 Europe offerings, the company is touting huge savings. Popular Globus Europe vacations benefiting from discounts include:
- Italy's Great Cities (9 days; Rome, Florence and Venice) priced from $1,599
- Introduction to Ireland (8 days; Dublin, Ennis, Killarney and Waterford) priced from $1,039
- Imperial Splendors (11 days; Munich, Prague, Budapest, Vienna and Salzburg) priced from $1,599
- Normandy, Brittany & Châteaux Country (9 days; Paris, Caen, Mont St. Michel and Blois) priced from $1,789
"Travelers enjoy leaving vacation planning to professionals and pennies in their pockets," said Steve Born, vice president of marketing for the Globus family of brands. "With our wide range of destinations, length of stay options and price points, coupled with unparalleled service and storytelling, we create experiences for travelers they couldn't produce on their own."
In 2010, Globus and Cosmos are offering travelers a plethora of travel styles including Panorama and Regional Discovery tours ranging from seven to 27 days, all-inclusive river cruises, family-focused getaways a Platinum Collection of vacations and NEW LeisureScapes (extended stay packages from Cosmos). In addition, Globus offers travelers Vignette vacations, designed for a new generation of touring. These getaways offer more time in each city, centrally located hotels and at least one train as a mode of transportation.
"Not everyone wants their story to unfold the same way," said Nisbet. "Our vacations are designed to offer travelers flexibility, choice and a pace that best fits the way they want to travel. No other company offers travelers more experience or selection."
DEAL ALERT: Travelers interested in embarking on a Globus or Cosmos European getaway can benefit from even more savings, receiving $300 off/couple the air-inclusive price on any 2010 Globus, Cosmos or Monograms Europe vacation when booking between now and December 1, 2009.* In addition, Globus and United/Lufthansa are offering travelers incredible savings to nearly 20 European destinations from select US gateways.**
Globus/Lufthansa Round-Trip from JFK Sample Fares:
- London – as low as $428
- Paris – as low as $442
- Rome – as low as $445
- Amsterdam – as low as $424
2010 Vacation Highlights:
- (Family Travel) London & Paris: A Tale of Two Cities (7 days; London and Paris) priced from $1,449
- (Platinum Collection) Italy at Leisure (10 days; Rome, San Gimignano, Venice) priced from $2,779
- (Vignette) Enchanting Europe (13 days; England, France, Switzerland, Germany Holland) priced from $2,599
- The Best of Southern England (7 days; London, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Bath, Brighton) priced from $1,149
- The Best of Switzerland (8 days; Zurich, St. Moritz, Lugano, Zermatt, Gruyène and Lucerne) priced from $1,629
- Spanish Fiesta (14 days; Madrid, Vitoria, Pamplona, Barcelona, Valencia, Granada, Costa del Sol, Seville) priced from $2,279
- Italian Treasures (10 days; Rome, Lucca, Florence, Venice, Assisi) priced from $1,849
- (Cruise & Tour) NEW Three Continents (10 days; Athens, 7-night sea cruise) priced from $2,069
- (River Cruise) Portugal River Cruise (11 days; Lisbon, 7-night Douro River cruise) priced from $2,399
View Europe Vacations
- (LeisureScapes) NEW Rome & Sorrento (15 days; Rome and Sorrento) priced from $1,549
- (LeisureScapes) NEW Costa del Sol (14 days; Torremolinos) priced from $1,229
- NEW The Magic of the Italian Lakes (8 days; Lake Maggiore, Lake Como and Lake Garda) priced from $999
- British Panorama (9 days; London, Leeds, Edinburgh, Liverpool and Bristol) priced from $999
- Prague, Vienna & Budapest (9 days; Prague, Vienna, Budapest and Salzburg) priced from $989
- Alpine Adventure & Glacier Express (11 days; Munich, Inssbruck, Lake Lucerne, Lausanne, Zermatt, Lugano, Venice, Salzburg) from $1,479
- Grand Tour of Spain (14 days; Madrid, Valencia, Barcelona, Pamplona, Burgos, Salamanca, Seville, Granada and Cordoba) priced from $1,675
- Italy & Greece (12 days; Rome, Florence, Venice, one-night Adriatic Sea Cruise, Olympia, Tolon and Athens) priced from $1,599
- Cairo, Alexandria & the Mediterranean (8 days; Cairo, Alexandra and Marsa Matruh) priced from $949
View Europe Vacations
All of the above prices represent land- or land- and cruise-only.
*Book a 2010 Globus, Cosmos or Monograms Europe air-inclusive vacation to receive the $150 off per person offer. Booking must be made, under deposit and discount applied between October 14 and December 1, 2009 for travel through December 31, 2010. Offer not valid with any other offer except Journeys Club. Applies to new 2010 bookings only, and offer will not be applied to pre-existing bookings. Offer reliant on space availability. Full cancellation penalties will apply. Additional restrictions may apply.
**Special fares available on select 2010 Globus, Cosmos and Monograms Europe air-inclusive vacations only on United/Lufthansa from applicable U.S. gateways to select European gateways, and are subject to availability in a designated class of service. Booking must be made, under deposit and discount applied between October 14 and December 1, 2009 for travel between January 1 and October 24, 2010. Offer not valid with any other offer except Journeys Club. Applies to new 2010 bookings only, and offer will not be applied to pre-existing bookings. Full cancellation penalties will apply. Due to limited availability, offer may be withdrawn at any time by the Globus family of brands or United/Lufthansa. Sample fares shown are per-person, roundtrip shoulder season, mid-week travel from JFK or EWR include fuel surcharges but do not include a September 11th fee up to $10, passenger facility charges of up to $18, Federal domestic flight segment fees of up to $3.50 per segment and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government imposed fees of up to $300 depending on your itinerary. For current prices, please see our web site. Additional restrictions may apply.
ABOUT THE GLOBUS FAMILY OF BRANDS
Littleton, Colorado-based Group Voyagers, Inc. is the privately held company that markets and sells the Globus family of brands within the United States. Globus, Cosmos, Monograms and Avalon Waterways offer travelers unparalleled tour, independent travel package, river and small ship cruise options. Considered the world's largest tour operator, with more than 80 years of international travel experience, the Globus family of brands is dedicated to enriching the lives of travelers by turning foreign destinations into familiar harbors, where the expense of travel is forgotten and replaced by personal value. The Globus family of brands is a member of Sustainable Travel International (STI).