ACOM Enhances EZContentManager 3.9 Document Management Solution Giving Administrators and Users Greater Flexibility and Control
January 26, 2010 (PRLEAP.COM) Technology NewsLong Beach, California, January 26, 2010 – ACOM Solutions, Inc. has added features to its EZContentManager document management system that provide administrators with greater flexibility and control and bring increased operating convenience to users, it was announced today by Senior Vice President James R. Scott.
EZContentManager is a web-based document management system that allows companies to centralize corporate files of any type in a single password-secured data repository, with browser-driven retrieval and distribution engines providing fast and convenient searching and handling under metadata or full-text search.
New administrative support features in EZContentManager 3.9 include:
- A new layer of security based on document type and metadata (indexed field) values, increasing the amount of security that can be added to a group or user profile as well as what can be accessed through EZContentManager
- The ability to edit group membership at the user level, aiding administrators in maintaining groups and their associated permissions
- The ability to "globalize" – make available to all document types — metadata fields that are selection lists. Examples include lists of states and part number listings
- The ability to add field constraints to index field values, creating a validation mechanism that assures that the field always contains the correct input
- Addition of a faxed-document report to Administrative Tools
Enhancements providing increased user efficiency include:
- The ability to retrieve indexed field from a database when manually uploading a document. The user simply keys in the appropriate fields and a database lookup is performed to retrieve the index field values
- The addition of "move" to the existing cut/copy/past editing features
- The ability to roll back from a versioned document to the original version, allowing users to view the modification process
- The ability to email linked/associated documents in a single outbound message
"Document management is a critically important technology in today's business environment," Scott said. "EZContentManager 3.9 represents ACOM's continuing commitment to deliver the ideal balance of functionality, price and performance to our mid-size company market."
About ACOM Solutions, Inc.
For over 27 years, ACOM has been automating document and payment processes for more than 4,000 organizations, across all industries. Developing solutions that are best suited for tactical deployments in the accounting/financial departments of mid-size organizations, ACOM's solutions integrate with any financial/ERP system to extend their capabilities to dramatically improve an organization's efficiency by automating their previously manual, paper-based processes, and significantly decrease an organization's costs. For more information, call 800-699-5758, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit http://www.acom.com
For more information about partner opportunities, call 800-347-3638 ext. 108, email email@example.com, or visit http://www.acom.com/channels