Squiz Announces New Independent Analyst Review of MySource Matrix CMS from Ovum / The Butler Group
April 21, 2010 (PRLEAP.COM) Technology NewsSquiz, developers of the enterprise-class open source CMS MySource Matrix, today announced the availability of a new, independent review of MySource Matrix, from leading analysts Ovum / The Butler Group.
The new 'Technology Audit' is a comprehensive third party assessment of MySource Matrix, its features and functionality. The report also describes and assesses Squiz, its service-based business model and how it delivers solutions to customers.
Ovum combines the ICT expertise of Datamonitor Technology, the Butler Group and Ovum, to produce independent and objective analysis, which enables their clients to make better business and technology decisions.
The result is a concise seven page report which is available as a free download from the Squiz website: www.squiz.co.uk/mysource-matrix-open-source-cms/reviews/ovum
Ovum's key conclusions, as detailed in the report:
- MySource Matrix is an open-source content management system that helps organizations to create, edit, manage, and publish web-based content. It is designed in a way that content authors need little or no knowledge of HTML to create and publish new information to Websites.
- It allows organisations to publish dynamic targeted content that enhances the user experience.
- It supports multiple languages, enabling organisations to produce localised content that adheres to global branding.
- A number of tools are available within MySource Matrix to facilitate integration with third-party systems including databases, SharePoint, RSS feeds, external website content and web services.
- The search capability has been enhanced with Funnelback Search, which can be easily integrated with MySource Matrix and can also be used to search external systems.
- MySource Matrix enables medium to large-sized organizations to implement cost-effective open-source WCM solutions that are easy to use.
- As an open-source product, MySource Matrix is free of license fees, and Squiz adds value by providing clients with commercial services. These are offered through a series of packages, which enable customers to select the level of support they require.
In Ovum's words, "Squiz sees a major opportunity coming from the increased adoption of supported open-source solutions in the enterprise, with some enterprises realizing that commercial open-source products such as MySource Matrix can provide comparable or better functionality than traditional licensed products without the need for expensive license fees."
The report is free and available for download here: www.squiz.co.uk/mysource-matrix-open-source-cms/reviews/ovum
About Squiz and MySource Matrix
Squiz is a Supported Open Source solutions company which was founded in Australia in 1998 and now has offices all around the world, including the UK, Australia, New Zealand, the US and Poland. Squiz's Supported Open Source Content Management System, MySource Matrix, is used by many leading organisations including EMAP, the University of Oxford and the Electoral Commission.
For more information visit: www.squiz.co.uk