Eco-Savvy Not More Expensive at Rockrose at The Foothills New Homes in Carlsbad
August 20, 2010 (PRLEAP.COM) Business NewsEconomy is at the heart of many decisions being made, and according to leading San Diego builder Brookfield Homes, it's key to the eco-savvy approach at Rockrose at The Foothills, a new-home neighborhood in Carlsbad.
"If you think eco-savvy means more expensive, think again," said Lora Heramb, vice president of sales and marketing for Brookfield Homes. "Eco-savvy does not cost more at Rockrose at The Foothills in Carlsbad."
Here are a few examples of how eco-savvy is not more expensive at Rockrose at The Foothills in Carlsbad:
- Price per square foot is less than 82 percent of other homes listed. This is based on Rockrose homesite No. 125 priced at $644,900 and compared with all active listings in the MLS on Aug. 12, 2010 for homes in 92010 from 2,000 to 3,200 square feet.
- Reduced property tax rate is 1.21 percent, giving the Carlsbad new home neighborhood one of the lowest tax rates in the city. The 1.21 percent rate is based on the Rockrose median sales price of $659,000. The tax rate will increase or decrease based upon the actual sales price of the home.
- Rockrose homeowners may save more than $1,000 per year on their electricity bills as compared to a home built 10 years ago, according to an analysis of a Residence 2 bill prepared by San Diego Gas & Electric. Every Rockrose home exceeds California's energy standards by at least 35 percent, which means homebuyers see money-savings throughout the lifetime of the home. Rockrose offers the most energy-efficient new homes in San Diego County, and Brookfield Homes is the first and only builder in San Diego County with production homes at these increased efficiency levels.
- Rockrose has an extensive list of "eco-savvy" features. Here are some of the standard money-saving features included in the new homes:
1) Drought-tolerant front yard landscaping requires minimal watering
2) Low-flow shower heads and WaterSense faucets reduce water usage
3) Tankless water heaters and recirculating lines minimize the wait for water to get hot, thereby saving water
4) Radiant barrier roof sheathing keeps home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, lowering air conditioning and heating bills year-round
5) Low-E windows further insulate your home against heat and cold
6) Florescent lighting in select interior and exterior locations burns as bright but uses 75 percent less energy than incandescent bulbs
"By offering money-saving values with the purchase price today as well as throughout the life of the eco-savvy homes at Rockrose, we're being economy-minded and doing all that we can to accommodate the budgets of homebuyers," said Heramb. "Contrary to what many might think, green does not cost more at Rockrose. While we have incorporated many increased efficiencies, Rockrose is competitively priced."
Phase 1B is now selling at Rockrose, with move-ins anticipated for September. Prices range from the mid $600,000s. The one- and two-story single-family detached homes span 2,116 to 3,167 square feet and have three to four bedrooms and two to 4.5 baths. For more information, visit the eco-savvy Rockrose model homes and sales information center at 3538 Glen Ave., Carlsbad, or call at 888-284-8861.
The neighborhood is located just three miles from the ocean in one of Southern California's most sought-after cities. Carlsbad is widely known for its recreation, shopping and quality schools.
The Foothills master-planned community includes a swim club with solar-heated pool, kids pool and spa, two paddle tennis courts, barbecue area, fireplace conversation area, and tot lot.
For more information, visit www.brookfieldsd.com.