High Fuel Prices Driving Drivers Mad? Motorists Can Make Use of Great Tips from Carrentals.co.uk to Keep Costs Down
August 28, 2010 (PRLEAP.COM) Travel NewsAugust 28, 2010 – Fuel prices nationwide are set to go up to at least £1.20 a litre for the Bank Holiday weekend and number on car hire price comparison website is making sure that Brit motorists can make savings wherever possible by offering some expert money-saving advice.
Managing Director for Carrentals.co.uk is Gareth Robinson and he said the following: "Fuel prices are set to rise once again and we want to be able to help people to save money wherever possible. Driving styles and vehicles can be slightly altered to save a lot of money this summer."
Check out the Carrentals.co.uk's top 10 tips on how to save money on fuel –
1) Take it Steady – Did you know you can save about 30% of fuel by cutting your speed from 70mph to 50mph?
2) Pressure Point – Tyre pressure set at the correct level is a great way to save money.
3) Plan Your Route – Plan better so that you don't get lost and waste fuel.
4) Remove Excess Weight – Take out all of the excess weight in your vehicle like heavy books and tools or golf clubs.
5) Tight-Wad's Fifth Gear – You will no longer save fuel by putting the car in neutral as cars are technologically advanced to the point this old and dangerous trick no longer works.
6) Make Your Own Fuel – Making biofuel is a great way to save on fuel expenditure but take care when playing with explosive materials.
7) Cut Down on Resistance – Wind resistance adds drag to a car and increase fuel consumption so close the windows and get rid of the empty roof rack.
8) Supermarket Money Off Vouchers - Promotions and vouchers are the ideal way to save money on fuel.
9) Lift Share – Sharing a vehicle to get to and from work or school can make a huge difference.
10) Keep Fuel Topped Up – Top up at a cheap station to avoid more trips out.
Carrentals.co.uk compares car hire deals from up to 50 rental companies, including Alamo, Auto Europe, Budget, easyCar, Holiday Autos and Sixt, in over 9,000 locations worldwide. To compare the latest car hire deals visit www.carrentals.co.uk.
Carrentals.co.uk was launched in February 2003 and grew to become one of the UK's leading online car hire companies by 2006.
In 2007 the company re-launched its site to create the first major online price comparator in the travel industry. Using the latest technology the Carrentals.co.uk site now searches up to 50 different car hire websites, providing an impartial comparison of the best prices available in over 9,000 locations.
Websites searched include Alamo, Auto Europe, Budget, easyCar, Ebookers, Hertz, Holiday Autos, Opodo, Sixt and Thrifty, with the Carrentals.co.uk site quickly comparing prices and allowing customers to refine their search by car type.
The Carrentals.co.uk site also features over 5,000 pages of travel information in a mini-guide format.
In 2008 Carrentals.co.uk was voted Best Car Hire Website in the Travolution Awards. To book or for further information visit www.carrentals.co.uk
Rachel Builder & Debbie Williams
T: 01625 511966
F: 01625 511967