Globus® Escorted U.S. and Canada Vacations
October 27, 2010 (PRLEAP.COM) Travel NewsIt just got easier to take a break from the rigors of life to see the wonders of North America. Today, the world's leading tour operator unveiled more than 50 North American vacations for 2011 that range from Special Event itineraries featuring New Orleans, the Tournament of Roses and the Polar Bears of Churchill and Regional Discoveries in America's national parks, the "Old West" and the "Historic East" to Cruise & Tour packages in Alaska and Hawaii.
"Many of the world's most awe-inspiring places sit in our own backyard," said Scott Nisbet, president and chief executive officer of the Globus family of brands. "We're revealing a robust offering of authentic and enriching vacations in 2011 meant to capture the interest and imagination of our travelers from 'Sea to Shining Sea.'"
As part of the company's 2011 offerings, Globus has designed two NEW Special Event vacations: New Orleans Holiday (from $979) and Polar Bears of Churchill (from $5,189).
- Celebrating the "Big Easy," next year with the five-day New Orleans Holiday, Globus is taking travelers into the heart of the city, inviting them to a private demonstration at the New Orleans School of Cooking for a taste – literally – of how Creole and Cajun specialties are made, a cruise of the Louisiana bayous and swamps and a guided tour of the Oak Alley Plantation.
- And, for those looking for a sub-arctic adventure, Globus has designed the perfect escape on the six-day Polar Bears of Churchill tour. On this vacation, travelers will visit Cape Merry National Historic Site, home of the world-renowned Polar Bear Compound. In addition to taking in the pure air of the "Land of Nanook," travelers will board a Tundra Buggy to seek out the amazing polar bear, visit an Eskimo museum to view a collection of Inuit carvings and artifacts and embark on a dog-sledding excursion.
"Our outdoor escapes – those vacations featuring America's natural landscapes – are among our most popular vacations," said Nisbet. In fact, Globus' top five North American itineraries showcase the great outdoors:
- America's National Parks (10 days, from $1,949 land only)
- Parks & Canyon Spectacular (14 days, from $2,829 land only)
- Eastern U.S. & Canada Discovery (13 days, from $2,599 land only)
- Grand Hawaii Vacation (12 days, from $3,259 land and intra-tour flights)
- Canyon Country Adventure (7 days, from $1,539 land only)
On Globus tours, travelers are privy to expertly designed, inclusive land programs that feature world-class accommodations, guided sightseeing (complete with headsets), engaging lectures and unequaled VIP access into key destinations.
"Travelers won't just briefly walk around the Grand Canyon when they vacation with us, they'll stay overnight on its magnificent rim," said Nisbet. "And, they won't just see the sites that played a role in the birth of this nation, they'll hear hidden stories about the struggles of our Founding Fathers, thanks to our expert Tour Directors. We understand that destinations aren't just places on the map, they are the backdrops of some of the most fascinating scenes and stories in history."
Visit www.globusjourneys.com for details about Globus' 2011 vacations, promotions and stories.
With more than 80 years of international travel expertise, Globus is the world's leading tour operator. Globus has teams of people on the ground in more than 65 countries around the world, and is an expert in providing travelers a holiday from the everyday by helping them truly experience each destination. We bring to life cultures and histories through storytelling and in-depth journeys in the heart of each city, region or country. Honored with countless industry awards, including Travel Weekly's Reader's Choice Awards three years running and Recommend magazine's Best Tour Operator to Europe for more than 10 consecutive years, Globus also unites travelers with similar interests through niche tours, including family vacations, special events journeys, faith-based travel and holiday excursions. The Globus family of brands is a member of Sustainable Travel International (STI).
Consumers can book a Globus vacation or request brochures by visiting a preferred travel agent or by calling the following toll free number: 1.866.313.2855. For more information, please visit www.globusjourneys.com.