FASHIONS ON THE FIELD FOR COUNTRY RACING PATRONS
October 27, 2010 (PRLEAP.COM) Lifestyle NewsCountry Racing Victoria has announced that they will host their own version of Fashions on the Field for Country Racing patrons titled "Country's Best Dressed Racegoer" during the 2010-2011 racing season. More than 60 Country Cups around Victoria will host the competition throughout Spring, and during the Summer and Autumn Carnivals in 2011.
The competition started on the first weekend in October at Benalla, Bairnsdale and Gunbower and will travel the State with heats at Geelong, Ballarat, Hanging Rock, the Yarra Valley and many more. Throughout the competition, punters can vote online at Country Racing Victoria's website for their favourite finalist in the People's Choice Award, whilst the official judging panel will also select their preferred finalist.
Kerang born and bred, Bree Laughlin seen here in this video, has been named the face of this year's Country's Best Dressed Racegoer. Bree, a junior champ golfer has thrown the poms poms for Melbourne Storm and was a State Finalist for Miss Universe 2010. Bree has been a judge at various fashion events around Country Victoria and will report for TVN over the Spring Racing Carnival.
Judges for Country's Best Dressed Racegoer include Fashion Professor and ex L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival Creative Director Karen Webster, Events and Artistic Director Mark Thompson from L'Oreal Professional, MD of Decjuba Tania Austin, milliner Kerrie Stanley and Nine Network personality Lauren Phillips.
The winner of the overall 2010/2011 Country's Best Dressed Racegoer competition will claim the title of Face of the competition for the 2011/2012 season as well as other prizes including a trip to Hong Kong.
CONNECT WITH COUNTRY RACING VICTORIA
- Visit the website at www.CountryRacing.com.au
- Join in the conversation at www.facebook.com/CountryRacingVictoria
- Watch our videos at www.Youtube.com/CountryRacingVic
- Book a Melbourne Christmas party at http://ChristmasParty.CountryRacing.com.au
- Organise your spring racing marquee at http://SpringRacing.CountryRacing.com.au
COUNTRY RACING - THE FACTS
- 75% of all Victoria's race meetings are held at country race courses
- Country racing attracts in excess of 700,000 spectators each year to local race courses
- Country racing contributes $1.086 billion annually to Victoria and $808 million to regional Victoria
- Country racing is responsible for 4,438 equivalent fulltime jobs and 2,837 casual positions across the State
- 79% (5,676) of thoroughbred racehorses trained in Victoria are trained in regional Victoria
- 58% (11,664) of owners live in regional Victoria, as do 74% (2,865) of breeders
- 91% of trainers (1,193) train at country racecourses