Cosmos® Affordable North America Vacations
November 02, 2010 (PRLEAP.COM) Travel NewsConsidered "America's best idea," National Parks provide travelers preserved views of natural wonder as far as the eye can see. An American invention, they give us a unique backyard vacation oasis where postcard views meet real, life-altering experiences. And, it's because of this that more than 75 percent of Cosmos' tour lineup for 2011 is focused on North America's National Parks and/or great outdoors, including a NEW Rocky Mountaineer & Canadian Rail vacation.
"Bookings on our North American National Park tours have witnessed an increase of nearly 15 percent in the last year," said Scott Nisbet, president and CEO of the Globus family of brands. "National Parks are idyllic vacation 'hot spots' perfect for relaxation and introspection, wild life exploration or adventure, depending on each traveler's interests."
Ranging from seven to 14 days and featuring landscapes from the Blue Ridge to Rocky Mountains and Canada to the Canyonlands, In 2011 Cosmos' nature-inspired North American Regional Discoveries, Panoramas, Escapes and Rail Journeys offer travelers an inclusive-style of travel. Some sample tours where North America's backdrop takes center stage, include:
- Alaskan Adventure (7 days, priced from $1,409 land only)
- Highlights of the Canyonlands (8 days, priced from $1,089 land only)
- Heart of the Canadian Rockies (9 days, priced from $1,409 land only)
- Colorado's National Parks & Trains (9 days, priced from $1,479 land only)
- Western Wonders (11 days, priced from $1,289 land only)
- Enchanted Southwest (12 days, priced from $1,489 land only)
- Canadian Coastal Adventure (13 days, priced from $1,889 land only)
- NEW The Rocky Mountaineer & Canadian Rail (12 days, priced from $3,149 land only)
- Splendors of the Hawaiian Islands (13 days, priced from $2,159 land and intra-tour price)
And, as part of its 2011 launch, Cosmos is offering single travelers "No Single Supplement" options, including select departures of Heart of the Canadian Rockies (9 days), Southern Journey (11 days), Ontario & French Canada (8 days) and New York, Niagara Falls & Washington, DC (8 days).*
"We design tours for Travelers with a capital T," said Nisbet. "Those people who love to get out and get away, to see and experience the world. Our goal is to make their favorite pastime an affordable reality."
Cosmos tour packages offer travelers included sightseeing and a choice of optional excursions, many included meals plus the freedom to indulge in local fare on a whim; a dynamic blend of transportation as well as clean and comfortable pre-selected hotels.
Additional Savings: Those that book a North American Cosmos trip early can not only benefit from great built-in savings and value, they will receive $50 off their 2011 getaway.**
Visit www.cosmos.com for more information.
* Book a select 2011 Cosmos vacation in order to waive the single supplement fee. Only four promotional rooms available each departure. Offer available on select dates of select vacations: Splendors of Italy, Jewels of Morocco, Spain, Portugal & Morocco, Heart of Western Canada, Southern Journey, Ontario & French Canada and Niagara Falls & Washington DC. Booking must be made, under deposit, and discount applied between October 13, 2010 and November 30, 2010 for travel at select times in 2011. Applies to new 2011 bookings only, and offer will not be applied to pre-existing bookings. Offer reliant on space availability and may be withdrawn at any time. Not combinable with any other offer other than Journeys Club member benefit. Full cancellation penalties will apply. Additional restrictions may apply.
** Book a 2011 Cosmos vacation to receive the $50 per person discount. Mention or input (if booking online) promo code PRMP06. Booking must be made, under deposit and discount applied between October 13 and November 20, 2010 for travel commencing by December 31, 2011. Combinable with the Journeys Club $50 Cosmos coupon or the $50 Rocky Mountaineer promo, but not both. Applies to new 2011 bookings only. Offer reliant on space availability. Full cancellation penalties will apply. Additional restrictions may apply.
For more than four decades, Cosmos has refined the concept of low-cost travel packages, offering travelers the best vacation value available in more than 30 countries around the world. This dedication has earned Cosmos Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel magazine's official recommendation, year after year. When vacationing with Cosmos, travelers can enjoy the expert knowledge of Tour Directors while taking free time to explore on their own. Cosmos is part of the Globus family of brands, an award-winning, travel industry leader with more than 80 years of international travel expertise. The Globus family of brands is a member of Sustainable Travel International (STI).
Consumers can book a Cosmos vacation or request brochures by visiting a preferred travel agent or by calling the following toll free number: 1.866.313.2845. For more information, please visit www.cosmos.com.