The BuddyTV App: The Most Useful TV Remote You'll Ever Own
December 24, 2010 (PRLEAP.COM) Technology NewsSEATTLE - Tired of rummaging for the right remote? Make a New Year's resolution to simplify your life and living room clutter by turning your iPhone or iPad into a remote to control your TiVo.
BuddyTV, the world's largest independent TV entertainment site, has launched an updated version of the BuddyTV app, now available for free download from the iTunes store, which will help you do just that.
"BuddyTV already has the best content and communities for your favorite TV shows," said Bill Baxter, CTO/EVP of products for BuddyTV. "So what would be better than having all that content and community inside the remote control you use for your TV? By combining utility, content and community, BuddyTV quickly will become the most useful TV remote you'll ever use."
In addition to controlling their TiVo boxes (v2.5+), with the BuddyTV app iPhone, iPod and iPad, users can:
- Set reminders – Receive calendar notifications to never miss a show.
- See what's trending – Discover new shows by seeing what other people are watching and what's on when they check in.
- Interact – Comment on episodes before, during or after they air — the more they comment, the more credits they earn and the higher they move up the leaderboard.
- Get insider updates – View exclusive content from BuddyTV.com like episode recaps, video previews, personality quizzes, interviews and more.
- Check in on Facebook and Twitter – Easily connect check-ins and comments to Facebook and Twitter and invite friends to virtually watch with them.
Since 2005, BuddyTV has offered a fun, friendly and entertaining guide to what's on television-with a side of wit-and a community in which fans can engage and interact with our TV-fanatic staff writers and other viewers. BuddyTV publishes op-eds, slideshows and recaps on shows; lists of the good, bad and ugly of what's on TV; as well as trivia, personality quizzes, fantasy TV and other games.