Wavelink Antenna Professional Grade Grid Antenna Provides Unique Answer to Winter Woes.
April 08, 2011 (PRLEAP.COM) Technology NewsWavelink Antenna Systems is pleased to announce the release of the Professional Grade 138-174 MHz Dual Dipole Grid antenna, designed specifically for mission critical and extreme weather installations.
It's a simple fact that the potential performance of a VHF radio is limited by the quality of the antenna and its installation. A badly designed antenna, fitted with undersized cable and imperfect connections, will make the performance of even the most exquisite and expensive radio unacceptable.
This situation is exacerbated by weather extremes such as high winds, heavy snow, and ice loading. Due to the large physical size of directional VHF antennas, it's not uncommon to see damaged or missing elements, or even broken masts, dangling from the tower as a result of these conditions.
"Our customers clamored for a dependable, cost effective alternative to the traditional VHF yagi antennas, which are particularly susceptible to damage from snow or high winds" noted Wavelink Antenna Director of Sales Gary Tootle.
The PROGrid 138 is available with a nominal gain of 10.6 dBi (8.5 dBd) across the full frequency range of 138-174 MHz.
"The PROGrid 138 Dual Dipole antenna provides a dramatic upgrade opportunity for VHF system operators" added Mr. Tootle. "With a horizontal profile of less than 20 inches, it's an elegant solution to wind and ice loading problems that continually plague these operators. Furthermore, this grid antenna operates across 36 MHz of bandwidth, not just 6 or 7 MHz like a typical yagi. You could say that this is a 'one size fits all' solution."
Antenna failures represent an unnecessary inconvenience and expense for system operators. The high cost of travel and manpower to replace a failed unit far exceeds any savings realized on the initial purchase of an 'economy' antenna.
The Pro-Grade Grid antenna is designed specifically for 138-174 MHz system owners seeking a "no fail" antenna solution in this frequency band.
Wavelink Professional Grade antennas feature:
- Heavy gauge, aircraft quality 6061-T6 aluminum
- Fully TIG welded construction provides maximum strength, plus the antenna is electrically one piece: no PIM issues.
- All components are precision machined on state-of-the-art CNC equipment; performance is consistent and long-lasting.
- Factory installed, sealed and tested Integral feed-lines (available up to 50 feet long) offer several benefits and eliminate the requirement for field installed feed cables.
- Type II Anodic Coating helps reduce ice build up and protects against environmental damage.