Bairbre Power to Judge Tramore Best Dressed Lady Competition
August 05, 2011 (PRLEAP.COM) Lifestyle NewsFashion Editor Bairbre Power will be the style judge at the Littlewoods Ireland Best Dressed Lady Series on Saturday, August 13th at Tramore Racecourse.
Bairbre has worked with the Irish Independent for a number of years and will be using her extensive fashion expertise to pick the best dressed lady on the day. Bairbre hopes the Tramore ladies will turn out in force this year and tells us what she is looking out for on the day, "I look for individuality and personality in an outfit. I love someone who puts their own personal stamp on a trend. I'm looking for colour, and an outfit that is appropriate for the races. Most importantly, less is more, you don't need a hat, large earring's, a statement bag and lots of rings".
Geoff Scully, Commercial Director, Littlewoods Ireland commented 'We're delighted to be involved again with the summer racing season and the Best Dressed Ladies Series. Our judge Bairbre Power will be on the lookout for Ireland's most stylish ladies in Tramore and we have some great prizes for everyone who takes part. We hope to see you there!"
Lynda Fraher, Marketing Executive, Horse Racing Ireland noted "Having a Best Dressed Lady adds fun and glamour to an already exciting racing programme in Tramore and we are delighted to welcome Littlewoods Ireland onboard as a sponsor."
Sue Phelan, Tramore Racecourse Manager added "We are delighted to welcome Irish Independent's Fashion Editor Bairbre Power to the Tramore August Racing Festival. She has the unenviable task of picking the Littlewoods Best Dressed Lady amongst the huge amount of ladies that come from all over the South East to compete for the €2,000 Littlewoods Ireland prize. Since we formed an association with Littlewoods we have been overwhelmed by the success of Style Evening and always look forward to the highlight of the festival on Sat August 13th".
Join the 5,100 people expected to visit Tramore Racecourse on Saturday 13th August where the Best Dressed Lady will win a €2,000 shopping spree with Littlewoods Ireland while the remaining 9 finalists will receive a €100 shopping spree each.
The 1st race is off at 5.25pm, there are 7 races on the card and the feature race is The London Southend Airport Handicap. The overall prize money on offer is €65,000.
Visit www.littlewoodsireland.ie for racing fashion inspiration this season, offering a wide range of all your favourite brands with show stopping dresses and the perfect shoes, hats and bags delivered to your door. All that's missing is your stylish touch!
Be part of the Littlewoods Ireland Best Dressed competition and meet the other celebrity judges at the following race meets: Sinead Desmond, Bellewstown, Thursday 18th August and Maura Derrane, Killarney, Friday 26th August.
Let the style begin!
Top Ten Tips for Ladies Day
1. Colour blocking is what it's all about this season. Loud colour combinations will show confidence and will ensure an eye catching outfit.
2. A bright hat or headpiece will complete any look and these statement pieces are a must have for ladies day.
3. Wear what you are comfortable in and don't be afraid to show your own individual style.
4. Comfortable wedges are the ideal footwear for a day at the races as they incorporate both style and comfort.
5. A colour coordinated shawl or wrap is the perfect fashion accessory that will have you prepared for the changeable Irish weather.
6. If you are wearing loud or colourful prints make sure you keep accessories to a minimum.
7. A clutch handbag is a stylish bag that can bring you from daywear to eveningwear and so is a great accessory for a day at the races.
8. Grooming and presentation is very important – Pay attention to detail and don't forget the manicure and pedicure.
9. A long-lasting makeup is a good idea - Alternatively bring a powder with you so you can touch up throughout the day. Remember your make up should be day appropriate.
10. Smile – it goes with everything and it never goes out of style.
For further details, visit www.littlewoodsireland.ie