Staten Island Plastic Surgery Professionals are Dispelling Surgery Myths
July 29, 2012 (PRLEAP.COM) Business NewsSTATEN ISLAND, NEW YORK - Staten Island plastic surgery professionals Dr. Elliot Heller and Dr. Andrew Miller frequently refute various myths about plastic surgery.
Whether the myth is about breast-feeding after a breast augmentation or liposuction for weight loss, Staten Island cosmetic surgeon Dr. Heller always highlights the importance of having a consultation before deciding on a procedure.
Common myths they are asked about include:
1. All physicians can perform plastic surgery: If the physician offering the surgery is not certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, the American Board of Facial and Reconstructive Surgery or the American Board of Otolaryngology, they are not capable of performing the surgery.
2. Breast-feeding isn't possible: Women who undergo a breast augmentation procedure should be able to breast-feed with no complications, regardless of how the implant was placed – over or under the muscle, said Heller.
3. Self-esteem will rise after surgery: While cosmetic surgery can correct deformities that have caused the patient to have a poor body image, it should not be used as a form of therapy, said Heller. It is important for the patient to discuss their motivations for the surgery with their surgeon to ensure they are having the procedure done for the right reason.
4. Liposuction can be used to lose weight: To be a candidate for liposuction, the patient must be close to their ideal body weight and have areas of stubborn fat. It is not to be used as a form of weight loss for people who are overweight.
5. Cosmetic surgery is a woman's thing: More men are turning to plastic surgery to reduce the signs of aging. From injections and nose surgery to male breast reductions and facelifts, plastic surgery is for everyone.
"A consultation with a board certified surgeon is the best way to wade through the many myths that circulate around plastic surgery," said Miller, Staten Island facelift specialist. "Aside from answering questions, the surgeon will be able to tell you which procedure is best as well as the results you should expect to see."
To find out more information about botox Staten Island at Associates in Plastic Surgery, visit their website at www.AssociatesinPlasticSurgery.com or call toll-free at 1-800-924-6397.
Associates in Plastic Surgery offers the latest advances in plastic surgery with five convenient locations in New Jersey and New York. Their staff of highly experienced professionals is dedicated to their patients' well-being with state-of-the-art facilities and free consultations.
© 2012 Master Google and Associates in Plastic Surgery. Authorization to post is granted, with the stipulation that Associates in Plastic Surgery and Master Google are credited as sole source. Linking to other sites from this press release is strictly prohibited, with the exception of herein imbedded links.