American Comfort's One Hour Air Offers Tips for Beating the Chill this Fall
September 22, 2014 (PRLEAP.COM) Lifestyle NewsSeptember 22, 2014 - Fall officially begins on Tuesday. And while plunging temperatures and polar vortexes may not be on your mind just yet, our team at American Comfort's One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning advise that now is the best time to prepare for what lies ahead. This time of year kicks off the busy season for technicians to repair and replace outdated and aging HVAC systems. To make sure your home's furnace and heating system is ready to get you through the coldest months to come, consider these tips:
1. Get a furnace tune-up. We recommend having a professional clean and inspect your HVAC system twice a year. The start of fall is a great time to get this maintenance done, before cold weather and the seasonal rush arrive. A professional tune-up can help make sure your system is operating at peak performance and detect small problems before they become larger, more expensive ones. We currently offer a $79 Furnace Tune-Up for first time customers. And for those looking to have a new system installed, we are offering 20% off installation of a new high efficiency Comfort System (call for details, some restrictions may apply).
2. Change your air filters. A clogged or dirty HVAC filter makes your system work harder. We recommend changing filters monthly or as recommended by your system's manufacturer.
3. Change the batteries in your thermostat. It's a quick and easy step that may save you some discomfort later on if the batteries die. And now is a good time to consider the newest smart home technology provided by One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning. A Wi-Fi enabled, programmable thermostat gives you the ability to adjust temperatures when you're away from home, and can help lower utility bills.
4. Seal up leaks. Take a quick walk around your home, inside and out. Look for drafts and leaks that could let the heat out and cold air in, and seal them up. Caulk or weather stripping is often on sale this time of year.
5. Clean up. Make sure paint cans and flammable materials are not stored near your heating systems, which could be a major safety hazard.
For more information on getting Chicago area homes and heating systems ready for the fall and winter, contact:
Bill Wykle, GM
American Comfort's One Hour Heating & AC
Elk Grove Village / Chicago, IL
American Comfort's One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning is the top rated residential HVAC company in the Chicago area. We offer convenient service appointments seven days a week, with emergency repair service available 24 hours a day. Our great rates are the same whether day, night, weekend or even on holidays. And our guarantees are the best in the industry, including "Always On-Time…Or You Don't Pay a Dime".