Minnesota Bass Federation Launches New Associate Membership Program
March 27, 2006 (PRLEAP.COM) Sports NewsMinneapolis, MN - March 29, 2006 – There is now a new program for those in support of sportsmanship and conservation. The Minnesota Bass Federation (MNBF) recently launched a new and innovative Associate Membership program that allows anyone to support the MNBF’s political, conservation and youth angling related efforts.
Associate membership adds additional voices to Minnesota bass fishermen and anglers alike committed to preserving and enhancing our sport and to keeping Minnesota’s lakes and rivers healthy and available to every responsible angler.
Associate memberships will also bolster assistance to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (MnDNR) to improve fishing opportunities, habitat, water quality and preservation of public access to Minnesota’s waterways. At the same time, it will aid workings with state and local government, lake associations and other outdoor organizations to protect our fishing heritage.
Beyond the conservation efforts, associate memberships help fund youth initiatives including education and on the water experiences to foster youth involvement and sustained interest in our sport. These youth activities provide alternatives to our youth above and beyond traditional sports and activities.
Summary Recent Activities Include:
• Supported Constitutional Amendment to preserve our rights to hunt and fish
• Participate in the discussion on the US Fish and Wildlife Services Upper Mississippi Management Plan with a special focus on maintaining access to backwaters
• Supported further research into the effects of lead tackle on our aquatic resources rather than banning it outright
• Interceded when a metro lake association passed an ordinance restricting fishing within 100 feet of shore
• Opposed a statewide “no cull”
• Attend the annual MnDNR fisheries roundtable
• Developed Internet creel survey collection tool to supply the DNR with fish population data
• Annually, organize and participate in lake and ramp cleanups statewide
• Sponsor Junior Bassmaster Clubs and Bassmaster CastingKids events
• Annual fundraising for local charities and non-profit lobbying
There are benefits beyond supporting the MNBF’s activities. Below are some benefits for associate members.
Benefits to joining as an Associate Member:
• Annual subscription to BASS Times magazine
• Discounts to Federation sponsor products
• Paid AD&D Insurance
• Free Internet classifieds
• Open invitation to attend Federation meetings and to network with other anglers
• E-mail notification of special events and legislative alerts
"I joined the MNBF as an associate member to support tournament bass fishing in Minnesota," said Gregg Ripley, one of the inaugural members to the newly founded associate program. "We really designed this membership program for the casual anglers and sportsman that do not have the time to dedicate but still wan to contribute," said Stephanie Peterson, board member MNBF.
To find out more about membership opportunities, check out www.mnbf.org You can also get more information at the MNBF booth at the Northwest Sports Show in Minneapolis, MN; March 28 – April 2, 2006
For additional information on the news that is the subject of this release (or for a sample, copy or demo), contact Rich Lindgren or visit www.mnbf.org.
About Minnesota Bass Federation Nation:
The Minnesota BASS Federation is committed to promoting fishing for all ages & skill levels. We offer our assistance to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources to improve fishing opportunities, habitat, water quality & preservation of public access to Minnesota’s waterways. We work with state & local government, lake associations & other outdoor organizations to protect our fishing heritage. Through our youth initiatives, we provide education & on the water experiences to foster youth involvement & sustained interest in our sport. Please visit www.mnbf.org
Rich Lindgren, Marketing & Membership
Minnesota Bass Federation Nation