A new guide for Asheville, NC.
May 29, 2006 (PRLEAP.COM) Travel NewsA local web firm in Asheville, North Carolina has been developing a truly comprehensive online information directory for the city and its surrounding areas. The web site, www.ashevillenc.com, has beeen constantly growing over the past year, and has hundreds of businesses and many different ways to explore the aspects of the area.
Some of the major portions of the site include:
- A full Asheville weather report; including current conditions, a radar map, 5-day forecast and detailed breakdown by hour of upcoming conditions.
- Detailed Asheville movies section; including showtimes for each movie for each theater, roll-over synopsis, user-submitted ratings and local reviews (a free login provides access to review everything on the site), trailers in Windows Media | QuickTime | Real Media, and more.
- Asheville area information for visitors; including Asheville history, statistics, Biltmore Estate, parks, Bele Chere, Buncombe County, cycling, baseball, and so much more.
- Asheville events section; including official events posted by our team (categories include culinary, theater, music, crafts, etc.) by date and includes details, as well as user-posted events for free.
- Full Asheville business and information directory; including lodging (cabins, hotels, b&bs, camping), dining (restaurants, cafes, pubs), things to do (entertainment, attractions, activities, arts), shopping (categorizational), real estate businesses, full business directory, education (public, private, and higher ed), outdoors (adventures, fishing, conservancy), for your health (doctors, alternative, hospitals, dental, massage), and organizations (non-profits, congregations, associations, animals, arts & culture).
- Free Asheville classifieds section, including the ability to both post and view all classifeds in a categorizational manner without paying a dime. They run for 3 weeks, and visitors are allowed to post as many as they like, as often as they wish.
- Ability to review local businesses that have listings, enabling the community to voice their opinion about local everything.
The Asheville, NC web team continues its efforts daily, and continues to add new events, write new content about the area, and provide more local information including new businesses and existing ones.